The Tenth Chapter--The Gypsy Defeated

I wandered around the auditorium, and then left the area that Colbie was in and went into a room across from it. She wasn't looking at me anyway. There, in the room, I crawled into a spot between a kongo drum and a big grand piano and cried, shaking, lonely and terrified, with no idea why I was here, and no idea how I was supposed to get back to the life I was living before all of this happened to me. I had to get away from Colbie Caillat...Oh no, I never thought I'd think that ever in my life. But now I was thinking it. Right now.

And just then, I heard a voice saying, "Hey, get up!! I've been looking for you everywhere, you worried me sick!! Don't you want to go to the concert and sing?"

I usually would, but I didn't tonight.

"Lovey, get up!! Come on, what's wrong with you!!!??"

At this point, I had had enough. "Go away!" I shouted, and she stood there, looking hurt and at a loss of what to say. I thought I saw exasperation in her eyes, and maybe a little empathy...? Finally, she sighed, and without another word, she turned away and walked out of the tiny room, leaving me to my peaceful silence. But knowing her, she'd surely be back. I didn't want her to come back, I decided. I wanted to run away, and I wished I could easily just never see her again.