Chapter 1: Hope

When I was a foal I got to be in a beautiful pasture with other foals. It was peaceful there, but it didn't last forever.
One second I was in a beautiful pasture..the next thing I knew I was in a small stall.
No hay, no water, no feed. I heard horses neighing, bucking and rearing. I looked beside me, my other foal friend from the pasture!
I perked my ears "Lynn!" I said to my friend beside me. "Vera, finally your here! I been in this stall for an hour or two, but now I finally have someone to talk to." Lynn said, Lynn was a tall Shire mare.
I looked at Lynns leg, "Blood." I said to Lynn warning her about her leg.
"Oh yea I know..They cut my leg but I think they will try to cut yours too if you start bucking. Knowing you even if you bucked and they tried to cut your leg you wouldn't let them." Lynn said and we both chuckled.

A few hours had pasted.
I woke up to a flake of hay, some feed, and a tiny bit of water.
I ate my breakfast and looked up into Lynn's stall, it was empty.
I worried, "What if she ran away and got hurt? What if they took her to an auction? What if she-"
I guess I got so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see this..creature in my stall.
He put a weird thing on my face and attached a rope to it.
He pulled me out of my stall, I didn't like the feeling of being controlled by this thing on my face, I shook my head around trying to get it off but it didn't budge.
I looked at my surroundings, a hook my stall! That could get this darn thing off my face.
I tilted my head towards the hook, then I felt a strong pull on my face, ouch!
I saw the man pulling my face towards him and he said, "Not this time, your not using that hook to get off your halter."
I rolled my eyes and let him pull my head towards him.
He walked me out of the stable and put me in a round pen, he instantly want me to gallop.
I kept feeling a sharp pain on my upper leg, it was the whip.
The pain was unbearable, I couldn't stand it anymore and snapped.
I ran towards the man and bit him on the shoulder, I was still running around in the pen while dragging him from the shoulder.
I bet his pain was worse than mine, I bit hard.
His screams were so loud I bet someone could hear it from a mile away. I looked to my side and saw an other man, but with a gun.
My mom warned me about these guns and so I slid into a sliding stop and dropped the man, blood dripping from my muzzle.
I heard neighing from behind me, it was Lynn..She was going into a trailer?!? No way I was letting her leave.
I slammed open the round pen gate, I didn't even think about the other man that had the gun until.. BANG.
Blood was everywhere, "TAKE HER TO THE VET. WHAT DID YOU DO-"
A woman screamed at the man that shot me.
I heard that woman screaming and then black.

TO BE CONTINUED.