Prologue

Once upon a time, a beautiful princess was born. She had golden locks, and a beautiful smile. The king and the queen, in happiness, named their daughter Blithe. Blithe’s mother, the queen, belonged to a noble family, who opposed the king. However, the king and queen were in love; and the family was fine with waiting for Blithe to take the throne and become queen.

However, the queen was very sickly. Six months after Blithe’s birth, her health began to fail her. Bed-ridden and dying, it still seemed the king and queen’s love would never die.

She did not survive.

The king and his kingdom, on that tearful day of her death… A fairytale with no “happy ever after?” Could such a thing happen? Blithe was the only happiness left in the king’s heart.

But, a kingdom is a kingdom, and cannot serve without a queen. The king, his heart heavy, arranged a marriage with a princess from a distant land. The new queen did not smile. She did not speak. She did not fill a room with the same light the previous queen did. She did not try to be friendly, and there was her fault. This new queen knew she was disliked in her own kingdom, and soon became deceitful. But one thing was for sure - the new queen was very intelligent, and was one to never be fooled.

Soon, would she have a son. And on that day, did the family of little four-year-old Blithe’s family begin a rebellion. A son? A son would be put before the daughter on the throne. No, such a thing would not be accepted. They would become a part of the royal family, no matter the cost. Because of fear of this rebellion, the newborn prince was taken away and put into hiding by the queen.

In a rage, the king and the queen were murdered violently, before they had even the chance to give a name to their son.

Prince.