↳ forty three

flashback : one year ago

a sigh came out of changbin's mouth, but before the olive boy could say anything, the eight words the blonde boy would say next would crush both of them.

"i don't think we should be friends anymore."

changbin looked up, confused. he tilted his head, and he hoped to the gods the words he was hearing weren't the ones he thought they were. "goodbye, changbin hyung." felix said softly. "sorry, i'm sorry."

he left the older's apartment, letting the door close behind him. he was alone in the hallway, eyes glossy. felix wouldn't dare blink, because if he did, the tears weren't going to stop after.

but he had to.

he was still standing outside changbin's door, tears streaming down faster than they ever had before, he stood still in his place and had his hand over his mouth because he didn't want to make sound.

he walked home, still crying. he didn't care if other people stared at him, but he walked home with a miserable feeling.

a few hours later, jisung rushed over to felix's flat in a hurry. felix had not been answering his texts or phone calls because he was always the one to respond quickly.

as jisung opened the door with a key felix had given him, he ran straight to the blonde's bedroom, only to see felix's eyes shut, lips grey and dry and his pillow soaking wet.

jisung contacted minho telling him to meet him at the hospital near him, carried felix into his car and drove. at the hospital they later found out felix had gotten dehydrated from crying.

jisung, minho and chan are the only ones to know about the incident, but after felix had recovered, he left his friends for a while without an explanation of what happened that night.