sanity

euri never realized the long days she would have to withstand at the town's library when she applied there a few months back. it never occurred to her the long hours she would be by herself before a regular customer would walk in exchanging their book for another.

but this never bothered her.

she always longed for days where it was just her and her thoughts. where she could relish on old memories and regret conversations that never happened.

and now finding herself, complaining about being all alone with her thoughts seemed nothing but silly to the girl. she told herself she should be grateful for the serene moments she gets to have all to herself in a 37,600 square feet space.

euri was in the middle of rearranging the science fiction shelf (which happened to be her favorite genre), when she heard the bell chime from the front door, indicating someone must've walked in. "i'll be with you in a minute." she called towards the potential customer, hoping they heard her small voice. she blew a puff of air out of her lips as she lifted her self from the floor with help from the bookshelf before she walked over to where she thought the costumer was.

"hello?" she called out into the open air.

she cursed herself out in her mind, realizing how stupid she sounded. she might as well be casted as the naive blonde in a horror movie if she continues this act. she peeked through different aisles wondering where the customer could've gone. maybe they just needed to use the restroom, she thought. but if so, she would've seen them pass by her since the only restroom was located by the aisle she was previously working in. she traced her steps back to the front of the store, delving into the thought that maybe she imagined the whole thing.

and that simple thought kept her sane for the rest of her shift.