Zwei/Two: Viri

<Witch>

They're waking up.

I walk into my bedroom to be there to greet the rabbit that just barely fit on my bed.
I had to use a lengthening spell to make my bed suited to them.

They remind me of my toy rabbit. I wonder where I put it anyway...

"Uurrruh"

They slowly got on one arm and glanced at me before looking down at their bandage wrapped legs.

I suppose this would be a good time to introduce myself?

"Um, hi. My name is Damien.Would you like some green tea or some salad? Or even a fruit salad perhaps?"

They finally looked up at me shyly and nodded.

"Fruit salad please and water would be okay..."

I smile and hop up to go to my kitchen and grab my guest their requests.
Heh, that rhymes.
If my mother has taught me anything, it's that you lose someone by not taking care of them....

I don't like my mom.

After quickly slicing and dicing some fruits for them and some for me along with grabbing some water for them I head back to my room.

"Here you go!" I say in a relatively low voice.

I start to eat my own fruits so as to not make them feel awkward.
Surprisingly, they're chowing down pretty quickly though.

How long has it been since they ate?

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun but they do look kinda skinny.
I press two fingers to my head and close my eyes.

_________________________________

                            <●>
Third eye vision

It's really been a while since I've used this.
Never got used to this stuff.

I see a lot of yellow and red in their mind.

Anxiety and pent up anger huh...

Relatable.

Now how have you been eating...

I focus on their stomach.

There seems to be nothing really wrong but signs point to a high metabolism which I suppose is normal with the youth.

Okay, I guess that settles that.
___________________________________

I eat my last three pieces of mango and begin to drink the watermelon juice at the bottom.

I sigh in contentment fall back on my... back.

"Um- my name's Viri by the way."

I gave them an encouraging soft smile and tipped my imaginary cowboy hat.

"Well it's very nice to meet cha Viri!"
________________

2 days later

It's early in the afternoon and the grass is dewy so I decided today would be a lovely day to bake some bread.

While I started to take out my jars prepare bread dough for some milk bread I heard some soft steps coming from the doorway to the right of me.

"You're pretty quiet for your height, haha," I try to joke.

They twiddle their fingers and smile a little bit.

"Yeah haha..."

I keep talking to avoid awkward silence.

"I'm going to make milk bread, it's this very doughy super soft and sweet bread that I've seen around and I'm very excited to take my shot at making it!"

"Oh, is it good?"

"I haven't actually tried it yet sadly but I think it's supposed to taste like Hawaiian bread which is the best bread inarguably"

They have moved a bit closer now and start to shrink to an inch below my height.
I don't even flinch but I'm impressed on the inside since I don't see a lot of magical creatures around besides myself.
They're now besides me watching me flour the cutting board, knead the dough and cut it into little squares.
I understand how it's kind of hypnotizing to watch someone bake.
Or just make food in general.
I used to watch videos of people cooking in my room when I lived in my mother's house on earth.
The way that they all know what they're doing and still love doing it drives me to hold a big place in my heart for cooking.

"I have to leave soon."

I stopped cutting the dough and looked at them worriedly.

"You're still hurt, can't you stay a while longer?"

They've been here for only three days and they already have to leave? Have I done something wrong? I guess I am strange, maybe it was the magic or did I feel then too little? No, they probably miss their home or something...

"I suppose I could stay longer but I need to continue my travels for the winter."

Oh.

"Well alright then I suppose we have lots of preperation to do eh? I have many prepared packs for travelers that I've come to know over the years who have passed by. As well as the homeless and orphan children."

I felt happy at the way their eyes widened. I always have pride in my ability to provide for people.
Everybody always expects me to be scary or mean but the only thing scary or mean about me is the way I talk to myself.

"Wow really? That's amazing!"

They look me directly in the eyes and say this which makes me feel happy that they're opening up a bit.

Maybe I'll slip a few more food packs in their stuff...