Chapter 3

Snufkin found himself asking Moomin an embarrassing question.

"Will you lay with me?"

Moomin blushed darkly. "Um... Sure. Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

Snufkin nodded. "That would be lovely." What was he saying? He usually slept alone in his tent, away from everyone. Why was he asking Moomin to sleep with him?

"This is so out of character for you, Snufkin, are you feeling alright?" Moomin climbed into bed on the other side of Snufkin.

"I think I have a fever, honestly. I just really want to be close to you right now."

"Well I always want to be close to you." Moomin blushed deeply.

"Stop trying to one up me. I'm sick and it's rude." Snufkin fought a smile.

"It is? I'm sorry." Moomin said softly.

"It was a joke, Moomin." Snufkin allowed himself to laugh gently.

Moomin huffed and brought Snufkin into his arms, aggressively cuddling him.

Snufkin made a noise of surprise, but allowed it to continue until Moomin let go on his own.

"Are you still feeling sick to your stomach, Snufkin?" Moomin asked after letting go.

"Yes. But I'm more tired than anything. Care to hold me until I fall asleep?" Snufkin yawned and rolled onto his side so he was facing Moomin.

"Of course!"

Snufkin cuddled up to Moomin's chest and Moomin wrapped his arms around him, putting him in a warm embrace.

They both fell asleep like that.