➸ good-byes are hard

good-byes are hard

   I stared at my watch, tapping my feet impatiently against the ground and cursing Yuvraaj under my breath.

I almost wanted to kill him for being late as usual. It was like late was his last name. It didn’t help that I was wearing a mid thigh, strapless dress and had quite an audience for myself.

I could almost feel every creep eyeing me from head to toe. With each passing second, I fell nauseous with the unwanted attention I was getting and Yuvraaj’s unpunctual nature was almost going to get me killed.

He was suppose to be here half an hour ago but he still hadn’t arrived.

“Hey bootiful, will you be my gf?”

I looked at the boy who looked like a creep and his language reminded me of those creeps who usually dm-ed girls on Instagram asking them for nudes and stuff.

“Bootiful, I am tauking to you” he said giving me a flirtatious look and I almost controlled the urge of slapping him.

I ignored him before turning around and walking straight, to create a safe distance between us. I made sure not to glance behind so the boy could stop irritating me. After walking ten steps, I paused and stood there waiting again for Yuvraaj.

I unlocked my phone and texted him quickly asking him about his whereabouts when my gaze fell on the boy. That asshole was making his way towards me.

He stopped near me and gave me a smirk “Baby, you look hot. Be my gf” he said.

I threw him a dirty look before walking away from there again and stood at a safer distance away from him.

Apparently he didn’t get the signs clear and followed me yet again. This time he stood more closer to me than before and said “I know why you’re going away so I can come close to you and follow you. You girls always mean the opposite of what you say and do”

I looked at him with disbelief. His thoughts regarding girls infuriated me and snapped the last straw of my patience. Before I could even realise what I was doing, I had slapped him tight right across his cheek, startling him. He placed his hand on his cheek and glared at me.

Almost asking me to take back my actions. Regret my actions but I wasn’t backing down. I glared at him with equal ferocity.

“You fucking bitch! How dare you!” he growled lowly, almost lunging at me but I was ready.

I knew he would react like that because I had hurt his fucking manly ego. I had wounded that ego and I didn’t regret even an ounce of it.

I swiftly raised my knee and kicked him on his groin making him clutch his crotch and collapse on his knees.

I looked around and realised I had gained everyone’s attention on the road and a few people immediately came to my rescue.

“Are you okay, beta? What happened?” an elderly woman asked.

“Nothing, dadi. He was invading my personal space and was passing crude comments so taught him a lesson” I said glaring at the creep who was lying on the ground in pain.

The elderly woman scrunched her face in distaste. “Boys these days! Haven’t even got facial hair and pass crude comments on anything that has breasts and vagina. Can’t let a girl live peacefully” she said before looking at me loving “I am proud of you, beta. Don’t let boys or men like him take away your freedom from you”

I nodded and smiled at her when my gaze fell on Yuvraaj who was riding his bike in my direction. He stopped his bike at some distance from the crowd. He swiftly got down from his bike and took off his helmet before making his way towards me. He reached near me and took off his sunglasses. He looked at the crowd and then at me.