updates

hey guys.

i've made promises to continue using this account. to update you guys with my new stuff and create more for this account. however, things have happened.

one, i've decided that i'm no longer gonna write mlm fics. i'm a lesbian and can't stand being fetishized by straight men. if i had a dollar everytime some douche wanted to try and 'turn me straight' i'd be rich. i feel like writing gay fanfics (particularly nsfw fics) for a predominantly straight female audience is just as fetishy, and knowing what that feels like makes me feel awful.

please know that reading/writing mlm fics doesn't make you a bad person or fetishy! i personally just don't wanna do it.

two, i've moved onto tumblr. i've always said that i like the community format of wattpad but found it difficult to get into stories on here. perhaps it stems from my days reading one direction fics on this app six years ago, but i feel like nothing i was reading on this app excited me enough to continue using it. i've had a nicer experience using tumblr based off the writing communities i've found and the works i have read.

three, i hate monster with a passion. yes, it brought me a beautiful audience who loved what i did and encouraged me to continue, but i have poor memories of this book and all that went into writing it. i started writing this book with a friend who came up with the whole idea. six months after that, we started dating. i think the book and what it did to me put a strain on our relationship. during that time, i was starting to really come to terms with the abuse i was suffering, which felt bittersweet when it's the premise of the book i was co-writing. we broke up but i vowed to keep writing it. this was a horrible idea on my part. i can't stand the person i portrayed chanyeol to be and find myself disgusted even thinking about it. yeah, fiction may be fiction but it hurts to even think of him in such a light. i love writing about dark concepts; stalking, murder, and all that jazz is so incredibly fascinating to me.  i spend a lot of time researching true crime because it's so interesting. i feel like this story glamourizes unhealthy and dangerous relationships, and promotes manipulative techniques like gaslighting. i don't want any of my readers (who very well could be under 14) to think that this is okay and how a person should be treated in a relationship. no one should have to live through it.

three, i'm growing up. monster started the summer before i started grade 10. by this time next year, i'll be in college. even though i have no foreseeable plans to quit writing, i think i should leave the platform in hopes of finding bigger and better things. my writing has taken a different turn since i finished monster, and i think separating who i was and who i am is important.

if you are just reading this now, the story has been unlisted. thank you again for all the support you have given me and this book.

you can follow my tumblr (i'll link it to my profile) for anyone who cares to read what i'm up to now. i'm working on some really cool and somewhat dark stuff that you might enjoy if you enjoyed this story.

i don't think i will toy with this sort of yandere premise ever again. it nearly destroyed me. do yourselves a favour, young writers, and stay away from it. write all the angst and fluff and smut that you want, but don't even think about writing yandere.

sorry for that sappy and depressing note but i felt like i needed to tie up loose ends.

with all the love i can muster,
    ally.