The 'Talk'

An awkward brotherly bonding moment :P

The next morning, Papyrus was already up, making coffee. Sans yawned and came around the corner into the kitchen. His legs were still shaking a bit from last night, but he had managed to walk down the stairs without falling on his face.

"heya bro, why are you makin coffee? i thought you didn't like caffeine." He said casually, noticing he bags under Papyrus's eyes. He silently started to worry for him.

Maybe he needed more sleep from staying up three nights in a row? Papyrus refused to meet his gaze, pouring himself and Sans a cup of coffee, which he passed to him without looking at him. It nearly spilled as Papyrus thrust the coffee cup into his hands.

"pap, you okay??" Sans asked, genuinely concerned now.

Papyrus looked the completely opposite direction, sipping his coffee.

"pap? pap!? PAP!!" Sans set his coffee cup down and tried to move to Papyrus's other side so Pap has to look at him, but instead Papyrus just looked the other way. Sans repeated his name, just hoping to get acknowledgement.

"pap, what's the matter??" He stopped circling, realizing he wouldn't get a reaction that way.

Papyrus blushed orange. "I-I DIDN'T GET MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT. . ." He took another sip of his coffee and looked to the side, avoiding having to say more.

Sans still seemed confused. "is it because of that vigil? pap, why didn't you just say so-?"

"IT- IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE VIGIL. . ." Papyrus looked down.

"well, then what is it?" Sans picked up his coffee and took a sip.

Papyrus lowered his voice to a whisper. "I- um. . . I saw you last night."

Sans spit out his coffee, choking and coughing. He pounded his chest with his fist, trying to stop himself from hacking his figurative lungs out.

"what?? you. . . saw me??" Sans blushed bright blue, coughing in between his words.

Papyrus nodded, still averting his gaze and took another embarrassed sip of coffee. Sans pinched the bridge of his nose(?) and closed his eye sockets, exhaling sharply and setting his coffee on the counter. He rubbed his eyes in embarrassment.

"jeez, pap, i- i thought you were asleep. i'm sorry. . ." He looked down and crossed his arms tightly, still blushing a bright maya blue.

Papyrus nodded, also blushing. "THERE'S NOTHING TO BE SORRY ABOUT, BROTHER, IT'S A NATURAL PART OF MONSTER BIOLOGY." He looked directly at Sans for the first time that morning, repeating the same thing he had been told by Sans himself, long ago.

Sans looked up. "b-but still, i should have made sure you were still asleep; i'm sorry you saw that."

Awkward silence plagued the room.

Papyrus spoke first, as he usually did whenever things were awkward and silent. "UM. . . I WOULD PREFER IT IF WE NEVER SPOKE OF THIS AGAIN, BUT. . . I'M CURIOUS, WHAT WERE YOU DOING?"

Papyrus had had 'the talk' when he was younger, but not very thoroughly. It was more of a 'don't show anyone this part of your body until you're married' kind of thing. Sans called it 'a special cuddle' you only do with people you love.

Being naive back then and still not sure what the 'special cuddle' implied, he'd asked if he could do the special cuddle with Sans, because he loved him more than anybody else. Sans quickly refused it, explaining that you don't to that kind of thing with family. (sorry all you fontcest shippers)