Chapter. 1

New but old faces

Thana's POV

The scream from the TV filled the room. Layla smirked leaning forward over the bowl of popcorn. We were lying on my bed watching our favourite 'film'. It had been a few years and The devil stuck to his words, we haven't seen him since that day in the lockups.

"Going to the bathroom." I stated.
"Awww you're going to miss the part where he cuts her tong out." Layla replied looking at me with puppy eyes.
"Dude I gotta pee."

Walking through the hall I reached the bathroom. I sighed as I looked at my reflection, my horns showing through my hair. I once tried wearing a hat to cover them but the hat ripped so I decided against wearing them.

My house often got lonely so Layla basically moved in. I live on my own when she's not here, my father had died before we summoned the devil and my mother left me as soon as I was born.

I sniggered as a louder scream was heard, our last request was for him to kill her brutally and to film it so we could watch it back. The case of her murder is still on going and still amuses me.

First day back of our last year tomorrow, we have talked it through and Layla also agrees we'll leave after we graduate.
Splashing water on my face I walked back into my room to Finnish watching Becca die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But he's so HAWT!" Layla stated as we pulled up at her locker.
"What was it you said a few years ago? 'There is no way in hell that I would even think of that fuqboi like that!'" I said mimicking her actions from a few years ago.

"Just cause I won't date him doesn't mean I can't agree on how good looking he is" she shrugged grabbing her Jotters out the locker.

"Come on let's go" I said closing her locker.
"Oh, I heard the new R.E teacher is suppose to be hot too" she giggled whilst I rolled my eyes and we made our way down to English.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're currently sitting in maths and it's Fifth period period, we had an assembly second and the police asked if anyone knew anything they forgot to tell them about Becca's case. Layla and I sat in the back sniggering quietly trying not to be heard.

"-and that is what will be in the test next week" Mrs Burns our teacher said.
"Not even finished the first day back and they're already giving us a test" Will exclaimed from the back of the class

"Yeah! And school doesn't even test your knowledge anymore, it tests your memory," some girl down the front yelled.

"It test's my patience," Layla spoke up.
"It test's my ability to hold a pee," Josh, one of the quiet kids said. Everyone started muttering in agreement.

"It tests my ability to not murder someone brutally," I said not looking up from my, almost full already, notes Jotter.
Everyone went quiet. I looked up to see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I asked confused as to why everyone was looking at me.
"Girl, you need help." On of the boys near the middle called out.

I was about to fire back until the bell rang and we had to leave.
"Dude, how are we supposed to get away with this Becca thing if you say shit like that!?" My bestie whisper yelled.
"Calm down, Let's just go to R.E and hope we don't burst into a ball of flames" We giggled and made our way down the halls.

Since Becca is gone we Finally get attention for nice things. We're actually a lot more popular than she ever was. Even in our uniform we still had people telling us we look good.

Will was staring at Layla but I couldn't tell her that. Next thing you know she'll be off falling in love then remember it's Will and the fact that this time next year we'll be in Hell. Then, she'll cry and be moody for a year or two. The same thing happened with Thomas KnightWood. He 'tripped' down the stairs. I definitely did not push him and you can't prove it.

Turning the corridor we arrived at the door. I carefully pushed it open ignoring the burning feeling in my hand. We head inside giggling as we see the burn marks on my hand.

"Care to explain why you are late girls?" Comes the drawl from the teacher.
"Yeah we were worried we might burst into a ball of flames" I snapped.
Everyone laughed as I looked towards the new Teacher and stopped in my tracks.

He's back.

My jaw literally hit the floor. Layla looked a bit confused to see him but not as shocked as I am. Here I was thinking he would stick to his word but look at that smug look on his stupidly handsome face.

Wait. What? "You?" I sputtered. He clearly saw the confusion in my eyes because he gave me a look that said later.
"I can assure you, you won't burst into a ball of flames. So, sit down and we could maybe get on with the lesson" He pointed to the two spare seats at the back.

We walked to the back and sat down getting out our stuff.
"What in the name of all that's evil is he doing here?" Hissed Layla.
"I dunno don't ask me." I whispered back.
"He definitely got hotter, don't you agree?"
"Absolutely." We nodded and listened in to the conversation at hand.