Chapter 2 •

Hi, thank you all so much for reading chapter one of my story! I'm so glad that so many of you liked it. Thanks for reading and forget to comment and vote!

Still Yuu's P.O.V.
After what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only half an hour or so, Touko's eyelashes began to twitch lightly. Her eyes slowly opened, remaining half-lidded.

"Touko! You're awake!" Sayaka cheered. I felt a small smile tug at my lips as a rush of relief washed over me.

"Wh... what, h... happened?" Touko asked faintly, looking up at the ceiling with tired, glossy eyes.

"We were all walking to the school building, and then you fainted. I think you have a fever," I replied, lightly brushing her bangs to the side before pressing my hand onto her forehead once again. Once we made contact, she closed her eyes gently and let out a small sigh, as if she was savoring my touch. Because of this, I kept my hand on her head, calmingly stroking her sweltering hot skin.

Sayaka gripped Touko's hand, squeezing it lightly to get her attention. Once Touko cracked her eyes open slightly and looked up at her, Sayaka let go of her hand and began to stand up.

"I'm going to head home now. I'll bring the paperwork over to main building, so don't worry about that," Sayaka said, walking towards the doorway. Once she was in the threshold of the door, she turned back to us.

"Feel better, Touko," She said, smiling sadly.

"Th... thanks," Touko muttered. "Th... thank you... for everything, Sayaka."

"Of course! See you tomorrow," she said before walking out if the door. Touko turned her attention back to me, as I took my hand off of her forehead, stringing my fingers through her hair instead.

"We should probably get going too," I offered, smiling down at her lightly.

"Y... yeah, we should," she replied in a weak whisper. She began to sit up slowly, but her legs started trembling when she attempted to stand. I grabbed her arm and draped it over my shoulder before wrapping my arm around her waist to help her get up.

"Can you walk?" I asked once we were both standing.

"I... think so," she muttered in reply.

Touko stumbled a bit with every step, but with most of her weight shifted onto me she was able to remain standing.

We were stopped in front of the train crossing that we always passed through on the walk home. The train had went past as the gates began to open again. Everyone who had been waiting at the gate continued walking across the tracks to their destinations.

But we remained stationary, not making any progress forward, because Touko stood still. The only motion she made was used to shift more of her weight onto me.

"You can't stop in the middle of a walkway, senpai. C'mon, let's keep going," I encouraged, trying to avoid the weird stares from everyone else around.

"I... I can't," she mumbled, throwing her other arm over my shoulder and gripping my jacket with trembling hands as she embraced me tightly.

"Why, what's wrong?" I asked with genuine concern and worry.

"I... I can't feel... my... legs," she muttered. Her grip around me loosened as she slipped into a sitting position on the ground, breathing heavily.

"What do you mean? Does it hurt?" I asked frantically, kneeling beside her on the ground.

"No... no, I don't feel anything. I... I can't move," she muttered, gazing down at the ground with a sorrowful expression on her face. I gently reached over and placed my hand on her shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly.