Forget everything

Yes, I thought I am already successful in life, up until this unbearable pain tore my heart and soul into pieces.

I studied communication arts in one of the famous university in my country. I majored in theater and TV production, but I choose not to work in Television or theater but I continued my studies and took a law degree. I really wanted to become a lawyer just like my dad. I choose to forget my artistic personality and entered the world of logic and reasoning. I enjoyed my life as a law student and eventually passed the bar one year after the graduation. I became a full pledge lawyer working for a famous bank. I earned a lot of money and was able to put some businesses and properties. I became also a major stock holder of the company and earned millions. 

After 5 years of working so hard I was able to have everything that I wanted . The only missing is a man that can make me happy and will make me look forward to have my own family. I am only 29 and I want to settle down at the age of 30. 

Until one day I met  again my former classmate in law school. He's also successful and became a well known lawyer. He courted me and eventually we decided to date. He's not only intelligent and successful, he also got the looks that girls perceives him as their ideal guy. He's quite popular and he even dated some celebrities in the past. I am not worried about anything, because I trust him. Until one day a friend of mine told me about the rumors about him circulating in the legal field that he's parents wanted him to marry the daughter of a famous business tycoon. I didn't take it seriously because I was so confident that he would choose me.

One morning while I was reading newspaper my eye caught something in the lifestyle section about the engagement of a certain " Andrea Sy to Leon Mendez". My heart is about to explode and my mind keeps telling me that this is not the Leon I am dating. Until I saw picture and confirmed that it was him. The Leon I am madly in love with. The guy I am looking forward to spend the rest of my life.  I have no idea how it happened. We were just together the other day and here he is already engaged. My heart felt that stabbing pain. I was grasping my chest with my both hands. My tears, I could no longer hold it back. I reached my mobile phone and dialed his number trying to ask for an explanation. But all I can hear is " the number you have dialed is currently unavailable."

My mind felt so dizzy. I felt nauseated and I want to throw up. But the pain is there. I can feel the dagger in my heart. I was speechless and my eyes started to tear up. I kept crying the whole night. I told myself I should stop and just forget everything. I can't explain the pain that I felt that time. 

The news broke out and everybody in my circle wants to console me. I kept mum about it and tried not to talk even a single word. I decided to leave the country and forget about what happened. I want to redeem myself.

I prepared everything, but I still don't have any idea where to go. One afternoon I received a message from a friend living South Korea. She told me that If I want to visit Korea she'd be willing to tour me around the city and anywhere I want to go. I thought that it would be a good idea and maybe it will help me  ease the pain I am going through. I applied for a VISA and after it was approved I booked a one way ticket to Seoul, South Korea.

I stayed in a nice hotel in the Gangnam area. It took me two days before I contacted my friend Lisa. For my first two days  at  Seoul, I tried to walk around the area and eat at different restaurants. Everything was beautiful, except that I don't understand the people around me. Their language sounds like birds to me. I am quite familiar with the culture because I once fascinated with kpop and kdramas way back in college. Unlike other girls I know they wanted to have a Korean oppa. They fantasized about their idols and adores them heavily. I cant help but smile thinking about it.