Chapter 6

The next day, you slowly opened your eyes as you wake up. The first thing you see is Steven's face close to yours by an inch. Steven's hand is on your face as you felt his rings. The rings aren't even cool in touch, the rings on his pointer and index finger are somehow warm.

After a moment of being close to Steven, Steven slowly open his eyes as he stares at you the first thing in the morning. The two of you frozed in that kind of position.

That moment felt so new. From your miserable life, you've never felt this way. That breathless moment felt like forever. His icy blue eyes against your sapphire eyes, his face closer to yours, his gaze and smile somehow makes you happy. It felt like four seasons in one moment together, it felt like the stars aligning in one direction. It felt like the world stopped turning and time somehow freezed.

You couldn't help but blush. Steven noticed your blush and laid flat on the mat. He puts his two hands on his stomach and turned to your direction. He cleared his throat and began.

"Good morning."

You sat up and stretched your arms.

"Good morning, how are you?" You asked.

"I'm fine I guess," he shrugged. "Though the medicine is super effective that I felt a lot better." He sat up and stared at you.

"I'm glad you're okay," You said in a small smile.

"How come you're here?" Steven asked. You shrugged and replied.

"Well, I wanted to look after you because I'm very worried about you."

Steven gave you a small smile and said.

"Don't be."

"How can't I? You've been immensely ill because of me." You raised your voice a bit.

Until now, Steven looks pale. His lips are white and his skin tone is pale. Steven placed his hand onto yours with an assuring smile.

"The most important thing for me is to protect my friends and the people I dearly care."

You sighed and smiled. Pryce came in to the room with some food on the tray. He was surprised that Steven's awake from his slumber so ge let out a smile.

"You're finally awake, how are you feeling now?" Pryce asked.

"I'm feeling a lot better, though I hardly can walk on my own. I still feel stiff on the inside." Steven replied sheepishly.

"Why don't I help you around?" You suggested as you stood up.

"That would be nice, thank you Ara." Steven replied as he looked up at you.

You smiled and went out of the room.

* * * * * * * *

The two of you walked around Mahogany town. Steven is only wearing a white shirt with pants, you helped him walk around carefully. After some few minutes of walking, the two of you sat down on the bench and rested under the tree.

"Ara?" Steven spoke in a whisper, you hummed in reply.

"I was planning to go back in Hoenn in two days," Steven said as he looks at your sapphire eyes.

You widened your eyes and replied.

"Guess we'll have to part ways." You sighed as you frowned. You wanted to spend some more time with Steven and it's like it's time to say goodbye.

"Actually..." Steven cleared his throat as he turns to you. "You're coming with me, and you can't say no to my offer." he smirked.

You giggled as you felt your heart pounding hard. You felt happiness and excitement at the same time, you and Steven are going to Hoenn together.