Breathe Easy.

- ONE YEAR BEFORE -

«I am fucking done with you, Zayn.» Alex shouted, slamming the door of the apartment.

Zayn run after her and opened the door, getting there just a few seconds too late, seeing the elevator shutting its doors.

«Fuck.» he cursed, punching his fist in the reinforced door of their home.

With tears in his eyes and trembling lips, he got inside of the house, looking for some hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the wound.

He looked at his own reflection in the mirror: he wanted to punch himself for letting her go, for lying to her. He knew Alex didn't deserve it, yet he did it anyway.

- 18 MONTHS BEFORE -

West Hollywood nightlife was Zayn's favourite: each night he went to a different club and he found his way back at his house at dawn, when the city was waking up and he was finally tired enough to get some sleep. It was a fucked up routine and he didn't even realise how he got into it. Maybe he just felt alone, maybe Malay enjoyed the single life too much.

It was almost two am and Zayn had already smoked four joints with his new friends at their table in the vip area of the club, where they had a bucket with an empty Moet champagne and an half empty Absolut vodka bottle. They were pouring themselves a new round of shots of vodka, when Zayn heard a voice over the loud music.

«Do you have a lighter?» a girl askedhim, with a joint in her red full lips.

«Yeah.» Zayn nodded, picking his clipper from the pocket of his jeans. «Can I take a hint?» he wondered.

«Of course you can.» she agreed,moving the joint from her lips and placing it in between Zayn's.She took a strand of her hair and shifted it behind her ear.

That weed was fucking good, it blewZayn's mind. It was stronger than the joints he had smoked earlier,it tasted amazing.

«You like it quite hard, I never founda girl smoking something quite that strong.» he commented, handing her joint back with a smirk. The smoke came out of his mouth and it filled the space between them.

«Let's say I like many things this hard..» she replied, licking her lips.

Zayn licked his own lips too and he knew what she was doing. He knew, and he went along with it.

It was very hot in the club, so they went outside: they shared another one of the joints she had in her little bag and by the time the girl, who presented herself as Wendy, saw a car, she pushed Zayn against its window.

She kissed him and placed her hands on his chest, unbottoning his shirt. Zayn tasted like strong tobacco, sweet weed and a scent of vodka, making his tongue irresistible. Her nails traced his shape and she kissed every inch of his skin, getting on her knees to blow him. Zayn fucked her mouth and came into it. She got up and moved her head a little, just to show him in the light of the parking lot how fast she could swallow it and lick her lips, to eat every bit of his incredible taste. He crushed on her lips and kissed her, leaving hickeys on her neck and wandering with his fingers under her tight little black dress. She was already wet enough for him to enter her. Zayn fucked that girl without even feeling a real pleasure, everything was just so blurred and he was just so high he couldn't even warn her he was coming again.

«Sorry.» he mumbled as he buttoning his shirt up. «For coming inside.» he added, with a lower voice.

«I don't care.» she replied, biting his lip and then kissing it gently.