#2

Will POV

-----------

So, Nico exaggerated... A lot.

It wasnt all my fault, only 63% my fault.

He also exaggerated about my skin, it wasnt glowing in the sun it was sunburned and sticky from my sweat. I was also tired and annoyed by Nico and Maggie's constant arguing.

When I got this quest I thought it would be the best idea to bring the two of them along. My boyfriend and my sister, I love them both and they seem to get along well, so everything would be just peachy, right?

I couldn't have been more wrong.

See, Nico isn't used to having a 13 year old sister that isn't Hazel. Maggie is hard to get along with, but I can deal with her more easily because I've shared a cabin with her since I was 10. I guess I forgot that the other cabins aren't Maggie-immune and thought that Nico would adapt to her easily. But nope. The first night Maggie complained about Nico snoring and Nico said something about sleeping with a plastic bag over her head and how it would drown out the noise.

The next day they were sworn enemies.

But I'm getting side tracked. Sorry, that's the ADHD in me. Back to the story.

Nico fell asleep under the shade of a tree and Maggie was still by the bacteria infested brook so for approximately 2 seconds I had peace and quiet until my stomach made it known to the world that I was hungry.

To distract myself from my longing for food I went over by my sister. (However I did not put my feet in the water.) As soon as I sat down Maggie pushed me away from her.

"You smell bad." She stated.

"Yeah, well you don't smell too great either, princess." I retorted.

Maggie made a face, "I asked you not to call me that."

"What would you prefer?"

"Try 'Queen'."

"Like that's gonna happen." I laughed.

My stomach growled again.

"You too?" Maggie asked.

I nodded, "We should get going again, try to find a place to eat."

"Aye, aye, captain." She said with a solute.

I walked over to Nico to wake him up. He was now in a deep sleep and took slow quiet breaths. 'Snore my ass,' I thought, 'He sleeps like an angel.'

"Nicoooooo," I said, "wake uuuuuuup."

He didn't wake up.

Maggie put her high-tops on and walked over towards us.

"Try shaking him." She suggested.

I pushed his shoulder and he stirred a little. I put my hand on his shoulder again to shove him but then something weird happened. 

As I pushed him he rolled more into the shadow of the tree and I felt something, a force, pulling us both into the shadow. Maggie tried to pull us both out but she got pulled in too.

We popped out under another tree, but this one was in a public place.

My sister ran into some poor guy who dropped his phone.

"Sorry!" She said.

The man grunted, picked up his phone, and left.

I looked around, trying to figure out where we were until I set my eyes on a listens plate on a red truck. The listens plate read...

----------

"Florida?!" Nico screamed when I told him, "I go to sleep for 5 minutes and you mess things up so badly that we end up in Florida?!"

I defended myself, "it wasn't all my fault! How was I suppose to know we would shadow travel if I tried to wake you up?"

Nico started lecturing me but was so exasperated that half way through he switched into Italian.

Maggie was still freaking out and cursing in Spanish, her native tongue, while throwing her arms around outrageously.

It occurred to me how odd this would seem to a pedestrian passing by- an exasperated Italian explaining something to a very confused American whilst a worried Spaniard cusses out the state of Florida.

The thought almost made me laugh.

Almost.

Then I realized Nico was either finished talking or too out of breath to go on and was waiting for a response. 

"Well, Maggie's the one who suggested I push you!" I argued.

My sister turned to me, "Let's not point fingers, brother."

Nico nodded his head, agreeing with Maggie. How two people can hate each other one minute and side with each other the next is beyond me.

"But you guys were just blaming me!" I exclaimed.

"That's different." death boy said.

"How?!"

Nico looked as if he was about to give me another Italian lecture but he stopped. "Food" was my only reply.

Then I realized he was looking behind me at a fast food place. We were sitting in a Wendy's parking lot.

"How about we go eat something." I said because that seemed like a better option then arguing all the way to Long Island Sound.

The other two nodded and we walked inside.