Chapter One- The Note

Alli,
Clean your room
Wash dishes
Feed Armstrong
Do laundry

See you after my interview!

Love you,
Mom

It's funny, you could never tell that my mom overdosed on heroine yesterday by reading this. You also couldn't tell that I got four new bruises from her beating me with her resumé after she didn't get the job. Surprise, surprise. I don't think many businesses are looking for a heroine junkie who doesn't have more than three jobs, if you can even call them that, on said resumé.
Armstrong, my hedgehog/best friend (sad, right?), brushes up against my leg. He seems to know whenever I'm upset. Just as I imagine a human friend would. Not that I would know, because everyone I hang out with talks about me behind my back and probably smokes weed or something. That would explain why they're all so stupid. Why can't people just care about me? No one in my life does. Not yet, at least.
I think back to when I was little, when everything about my life seemed picture perfect. My parents were together, I had friends, my mom hadn't relapsed yet, and my dad hadn't killed anyone. Well, he still may not have killed anyone. No one knows what happened to Gwennyth Brovanni. She was my Dad's ex-girlfriend, so being the psycho that he is, his name was first on the police's suspect list.
Why, speak of the devil. Here's my dad at the door again. When my parents divorced, my dad lost all custody of me because of his mental health issues. The childcare people didn't know my mom was on drugs, so she was given full custody of me. I wish I was just a foster kid. And don't hate on me for saying that, but at least I would get away from my parents. Most kids think abuse is just someone hitting you. But it's not. It's an endless cycle of telling yourself you're worthless, and someone else confirming exactly what you were already thinking. It's absolutely exhausting. No one is there for you. No one can help you. You can't tell anyone, because that would just make it so much worse. I'm stuck on an endlessly spinning wheel of fortune. And I'm a very unlucky person.

AN: hey guys, sorry this is so short. It's my first time writing on Wattpad, so I'm kind new to this. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story!