Prologue

Note: If you are skipping something and you are only procrastinating to read the book, go do what ya need to do! If you need to pray, pray! If you need to read Quran or a book, read! If you need to finish up something, go do that first! And then come back and enjoy the book!

Gallatomii! (Thank you!)

(Kadija's POV)

Journal Date: March 13th 2019

Today is the day of my cousin Amina's wedding day and I don't wanna go.

You see, in nikahs there's always something great but it can be typical. It always the same thing, getting together as husband and wife from the imam, having a wild dance party at someone's house, and then end up coming home stuffed from all the food that the aunties brought, to when 5 years later they end up getting a divorce because the husband ends up getting trashy to the wife.

I honestly don't understand love, marriages, and all of that.

It all starts with "I love you" and all the lovey dicey things you see in movies, but then later, it turns into "I hate you!" And then both of them ends up getting irritated at each other.

Apparently people don't know how to be themselves.

Anyways my name is Kadija Hadi. I'm a 15 year old freshman who knows that she ain't cool.

It's March and everybody's already talking about what to do and what to cook for Ramadan.

It ain't even April yet!

I try to understand why people are excited, but I honestly don't even understand the point.

It's just not eating for 30 days (for me it's like 20 days because of ya know, period.)

It's like everyone gets all up on Imaan (faith) all of the sudden during Ramadan and then after Eid, everything's the same.

I feel like my religion separates me from society. 

People think a standard Muslim woman's goal in life is to just get married, have babies, and obey your husband even if it means getting covered in bruises and cuts for it.

Nah-uh. I rather die than get married.
Muslim men can be soooo irritating ugh..

Like hello, I'm not supposed to spend my life cooking and cleaning for you fatty! Do the dishes yourself!

I feel bad for Amina now.

She's gonna have years of cleaning and cooking for maybe more than herself and her husband.

Well I have to go,

Sincerely,

Kadijaaa

(Narrator's POV)

Kadija puts down her journal on her desk and turns her glance towards the window next to her. The flowers were slowly coming up for spring, and the sun was shining through the glass. She can't seem to see how the world looks so beautiful but yet, seems so dark.

Note: I hoped you enjoy the prologue! It's my first wattpad story ever so I'm a little rusty... I didn't decide what days to update so be patient with me please!

——wildnasrina