MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

THANK YOU FOR CLICKING ON THE RED BUTTON💝💝💝😊😊
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS STORY.

MARY BETH

Sometimes, I hated my work, my boss and coming home every day feeling tired and stressed but I do love my job.

I dropped my bag on the table as I didn't feel like taking it in. I couldn't even feel my legs. If you are a personal assistant to the she-devil, you will probably understand.

I sluggishly walked into my room, removed my dress and went into the bathroom to take my bath. I walked out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and a little bit active.

The sound of my phone ringing went around the house. I hissed when I remembered that my phone was in my bag. I was already feeling lazy about walking to the sitting room but I had to.

I smiled when I saw the name on the screen.

"Hi Tom" I smiled and sat on the cushion with my leg on it. I just feel comfortable sitting like that.

"Hi Mary, sorry for disturbing you. I know you must be tired" he said probably feeling guilty. That was Tom for you. He knew me like the back of his hand.

"It's no big deal. Hope no problem though?" I asked knowing he didn't usually call this late.

"Not really. Can you come to my house tomorrow?" He asked. I mentally checked if I have an appointment. Remembering none I nodded and then remembered that he couldn't see me.

"Sure. I will be there" I said expecting him to cut the call.

"Hmm... Mary?" Tom called.

"Yes?" I asked he sound nervous.

"Make sure you dress nicely," he said. Wait for what?

"Hmmm....okay," I said and dropped the call even though I was a little bit confused about his behaviour. I always dress nicely and he knew it so why would he tell me to dress nicely?

What if he had a surprise for me?

Wait?

What if it's just a sleepover? No, he wouldn't tell me to dress nicely. He can only say that if it ......
OMG
OMG
OMG

A DATE?

He wouldn't have told me to dress nicely any other day. Getting excited, I stood up as I nervously walked around the sitting room. I felt like crying and laughing at the same time. Somebody wake me up. Is this a dream?

I picked up my phone and call the only person I knew will always know what to do.

"Hello Ella" I met Ella in college and since then we have been best of friends. She knew every of my secret including my love for Tom.

"Hi, girl. Hope no problem? This one that you called this late" she said and I heard something fall. She worked for a publishing company as a writer

"Guess what?" I told her as I started jumping on my chair. Yes, I am a kid. I know I should be matured at 25 but I am just so nervous.

"You won a lottery?" Ella said not bothering to think about it.

"No, why will I get involve in betting?" I sighed.

"So tell me. What's the gist?" She asked.

"Tom called" I shouted and I can imagine her rolling her eyes.

"Is that a new thing?" She asked. God this girl is just something else.

"He asked me to come to his place and dress nicely" I shouted.