one.

It was supposed to be a secret.
In fact, it was so secret that it was kept off the books, excuses made for the use of the helicopters and the absences of the people involved.
There were ten of them on the first expedition. Four pilots from the army, four scientists, and two outdoorsmen, one of which being Wren Riley. The only girl on the expedition. Her job was navigating and surviving the wilderness until they left the island four days later.

Wren looked up at the ship in awe. It wasn't the biggest boat in the harbour, but it was bigger than any boat she'd been on before.
"Name?" There was a man standing by the entrance.
"Wren Riley?" She told him, clasping her hands in front of her.
He waved her in and she was immediately herded into a room with eleven other people in it.
That was where she was introduced to the two people running and paying for the expedition, Pierce and Brotzman.
"You'll be departing from this ship in one helicopter, Greene and Markson with be your pilots and your military escorts. It will be their job to keep Dr Kent and Dr Marconi safe during your research period. Ms Riley is your navigator. Your survivalist," Brotzman, the man who had recruited her, explained to her group, as Pierce relayed the same information to the other group.
When he was finished, Pierce moved back to the front of the room and addressed both groups.
"The ten of you will be on the island for four days. You'll arrive on the eastern and western sides; rendezvous is on the northern end. We arrive at the take-off point in two days. You will meet on the launchpad at 8 am to prepare for lift off," he continued, staring down the ten intended participants.
The meeting went on for a couple more minutes as Brotzman and Pierce gave out a bit more information pertaining to the expedition before they were dismissed.
When Wren reached the deck of the ship, they were already underway and the sun was sinking lower and lower in the sky.
She didn't really know why she'd taken this position on this expedition. It was incredibly dangerous to go to new and uncharted land. There was no way to tell what deadly plants or animals might be there, or what diseases were waiting to be passed on.
There were also the stories. All the ships and planes that had disappeared around and above it, the ships that had come back all but destroyed. There was something on that island.
Something no one was prepared for.

_________

A/N: Hello and welcome. Disclaimer, anything you recognize from the movie Kong: Skull Island does not belong to me, but to its creators. Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading this!