Moving in • Part 1

I hop out of the taxi and help my parents grab the luggages.

Today is the day I'll be having a new life in a different country. Whenever I feel worried, my butt starts to tingle for some reason.
I try ignore the butt situation as we walk in the airport.

I feel really nervous and awkward, and couldn't even help but stare at everyones faces as if asking for help.

We got to the area where we get to watch the airplane touch down. But since it isn't here yet I look at my phone to see that my friends sent me pics of us together.
I already am missing them.
I sent back pics of me in the airport.

~half an hour later~

'The seatbelt sign has been switched on...'
I fasten my seatbelt as they announce.

"Mom, how long will the flight be?" I ask hoping that it'll be quick.

"10 hours" she says as if it's normal.

I sit back and relax as I regret asking.
My phone starts to ring, I quickly take it out of my pocket and it's Tori.
I send her a message that I'm in the airplane and the phones aren't allowed yet to be used.

~~~~~~~
It's been 5 hours and I've been sleeping for almost the whole hour.
I wanna use my laptop but there's no wifi. Damn it.

I wonder what it would be like in USA. What it's like to study there and have friends. Hopefully the people there are kind. I bet the houses looks different from here. Speaking of houses... I wanna know what my house looks like in the USA.

"Mom what does our house look like?"

"I don't know actually, why don't you ask your father?" She says as she continues reading the magazine.

"Dad, what does our house look like in America?" Hopefully he will tell me.

"Our house is big, we have a huge garden and swimming pool. It'll be better than our house in Japan."
He says proudly.

"Ohh. Well at least it's beautiful, right?" I ask.

"Yeah it is very beautiful, soon we'll call it home." He assures.

Hopefully...

I spread out my blanket and close my eyes, hoping to just arrive when I wake up.

~5hours later~

We wait for our luggages to arrive.
There are so many foreigners here.
Of course cause I'm in the US, life might get difficult since I'm an asian.
I look at the glass window and realize that the sun was setting.
In Japan maybe it's morning or afternoon.

Now I'm homesick...
But as my dad said, this might be home.