Chapter 1

Percy's POV

I walked out of the store with a bounce in my step. I had purchased a ring for my girlfriend, and was ecstatic. We had just moved into an apartment a few weeks ago, but boxes were still piled up everywhere. It was in East Harlem, not far from Central Park. It wasn't super modern and fancy, but fairly large for an apartment. I had gotten a job as a marine biologist, and Annabeth had stayed on after reconstructing Mount Olympus as the god's official architect. Whenever one of them wanted a new temple, or statue, or something, they went to her. She got paid very well, in gold drachmas and in cash, so we were able to live comfortably.

I pulled out my umbrella as it started to rain. I walked down the street and turned the corner. My apartment complex was on this street, and as I walked up the steps to go inside, I was greeted with Annabeth.

"Hey Perce!" She said, running up to me. She had been in Olympus for the past few days, overseeing the construction of Zeus's new temple. She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug that warmed my frigid body.

"Yuck. You're soaked." She said, taking a step back.

"Yeah, it's pouring out there. How was your trip?"

"Fine I guess. Zeus said something about how it needed to be classier, and have more couches and stuff. He told me to put in a bed and a kitchen and make it look like a house or something. Hera is probably mad at him again." Her eyebrows twitched downward as she said Hera's name.

"Anyways, I got us a movie for tonight." I said, smiling. She took my hand and we walked to the elevator.

The elevator music rang in my ears as we stepped off onto our floor. I took a quick shower and out on my pajamas. Annabeth came out wearing my favorite sweatshirt that had become hers soon after I bought it. Her hair was down, and it was silky smooth. My heart skipped a beat as I looked at her.

"Are we going to watch the movie or what Jackson?" She said, smirking. I grabbed the large bowl of buttered popcorn I had prepared, and we sat down cuddling in the thick fuzzy blanket on our couch