pt.0 introducing the candy

13 November, Year 18.

It was a night of a full moon as I remembered it. Last night, we had a party at one of those elite students at our school held that I do not know of the name but Mijoo does (for some reason). She knows (almost) everyone and everything that happens. That's her superpower, I kept telling her. We have this inside joke that our little circle of tight-knit friends, each of us have a little special power. Mine, was the outrageous as Yein outburst once is the ability to see the future. I explained that it only happens in dreams and it's rather vague. Still, the maknae doesn't buy it.

Mijoo and the unnies did. Especially, Soul unnie. She's the most supportive; I can't be grateful enough to her. Since today has been special.

Loud music and tight spaces between bodies wasn't my thing in particular as I inched closer to the walls with my tiny cocktail in hand. The tangy sweet taste let me forget about all of this for a moment until I saw a female body fell to the ground in front of me after getting pushed by someone dancing in the ground.

"OMG someone fell!" I cried out in reaction. The lost expression on her face sent chills down my body as I tried shaking the female stranger. "Someone please help!" Despite my call for help, the others around me looked at me with disbelief and that had secretly disgusted. I plead again and this time, Jisoo and Mijoo came to my rescue and the girl.

Today came and it was back to school. I was glad last night part ended quickly. After the incident, I quickly dismissed myself and nobody bothered me about it. The girls got the hint that I had enough drama for one night excluding me from the group chat conversation yesterday night.

I couldn't lie- I still felt a bit worn out as I pressed my heavy head on my Korean dictionary while waiting for school to start. However, I didn't last as much I hoped it could when the same girl from last night came to my desk and greeted me. She looked so timid and lovely. "Hi," she said. "Are you, Kim Jiyeon ssi?"

"Yes. You must be the girl from the party."

She looked as if I had punched her in the gut from bringing that up. I had to pinch my knee from under the desk to hold myself by my words.

"Yeah, about that. I wanted to say thank you. You really helped me out," she took out something small from her uniform pocket and handed it to me. "Here is a token of appreciation." The gift was a pink rectangular casing of sweets. My favourites.

"Thank you." This was out of the blue. I never imagined getting a present for something so trivial but I accepted it gratefully. She did come out of her way to see me in person to thank me. I was about to ask her name before the school bell rang. Thus, she excused herself and disappeared in flash.

Classes began and my homeroom teacher, Mr. Park brought in some news that caused a stir among my classmates. I was too busy opening the candy case and popping a sweet in my mouth to know why but everything seemed to slow down afterward for me to find out the answer.

Little did I know; it was probably the last time I was going to see the nameless girl I helped. It shouldn't have mattered too much but I'd like to think it should because later, during recess was when all the buzz about a handsome transfer student started.

That transfer student was you.