Chapter Four

Update: edited 12/17/20

word count: 2300

_____________________

4.1

Got my aim locked on your pretty face
Frozen by your voice I can't erase
All these thoughts that take my breath away

____________________

I walked side by side with my cousin, my left arm draped around her shaking shoulders. I looked at her with pity. After a while, I stood at our hallway and watched as my sobbing cousin entered our guest room. Before I could turn and walk away I heard her say, "Thank you Jongin-ah, I owe you a drink." She was smiling despite her tears. I smiled back and said, "No problem cuz, and if ever that boy came again, make sure to tell me and I'll beat his ass off." That made her laugh. She waved and disappeared behind the door. I turned and walked straight to my room which was lying adjacent to her room.

I dialed Nini's number, hoping that she's still awake. But no one answered. My brows furrowed with worry. It was the first time for the last five days that she called me to talk again. Of course I was waiting for her call but I had something to do. My cousin came, grieving her broken heart. She's alone since she was a kid, her parents died in an accident. She only had me and my parents. She lived with us before but then she moved out to follow her boyfriend. She was really happy with her boyfriend and I was happy for her. But then five days ago, she came and knocked on our front door, crying her eyes out and explained about how the bastard abandoned her. She was important to me so I tried to console her. I even brought her to Nini's tree to make her feel better. I hope Nini didn't mind. I was looking forward to talk to her again.