Chapter 4- made of gum?

Bubbas POV:

"Well... This shot turns you into candy..gum to be exact.." He sighs looking down, I think he's waiting for my reaction... But I don't know what to think, i take a deep breath and pull my dad into a tight hug.

"It's okay dad... It's f-for the best right?" I am a bit nervous to be completely honest but if my dad knows it's best I believe him, I have to believe him. He's all I have.

"Yes Bubba.." He holds onto me tightly and I feel a bit lightheaded, i let out a cough that hurts a lot. My dad picks me up and runs to the lab plopping me on an empty bed...

Marshalls POV:

I hear someone running in and shoot back up looking over, im a bit suspicious about all of this and jump off the bed. It hurts a bit as i land hard on my feet but I run over to the bed, im quite small so I try to stay hidden and out of the way.

I see... B-bubba? I don't remember his name but hopefully that's it. His dad has a shot or something and looks a bit panicked, I know this can't be good... Bubba? is coughing like crazy and i wince every time, almost as if I could feel his pain.

"Is everything okay..?" My voice is soft nearly silent, Id be fine if they didn't actually hear me.

"Yes it'll be okay! It has to be." He chuckles a bit a huge smile on his face but he doesn't really pull it off. He looks a bit more crazed since tears are in the corners of his eyes threatening to spill. I decide to remain silent now and just watch as he approaches Bubba or whatever and quickly sticks the needle all the way into his arm. It looks extremely painful, before I know it he doesn't cough, he looks limp... And peaceful even... Is he dead...?

*************

A couple hours pass, im still on the floor and his dad's still sitting there, waiting for something miraculous to happen. Throughout these hours I've been lost in thought, mostly about Simoné and then some about my mom... I don't want her to take me back... I really don't.

I let a soft sigh escape my lips, not out of frustration but boredom. Something I thought I'd never feel again, I was always in such a rush, something new was always happening. Near death situations to get my blood pumping... but that was with Simoné, maybe it wasn't those near death situations or the aimless walking but infact, Simoné herself.... She was what made me so happy, always excited even in such terrible conditions.

"W-what happened...?" I look up to a now bright pink face and try to hold back a laugh, I can't help it... He's made of some weird gum stuff now, his dad rushes to his side hugging him tightly

"Oh thank god!" And with those small words the silence was broken...

.

.

.

((THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS AND FAVORITES!! It means A LOT!! So to get some more comments and actually get to know you im going to do question of the day :) or week or whatever cx

Have any of you ever been to any anime conventions?

I have been to two conventions, once when I was like 10 and just getting into anime and once this year, I cosplayed Fionna. Im going to anime Milwaukee this year too!! Im going as flame princess, Fionna and honey senpai! :))

Thanks for reading!))