Back to December

~I'm so glad you made time to see me

How's life? Tell me, how's your family

I haven't seen them in a while

You've been good, busier than ever

We small talk, work and the weather

Your guard is up, and I know why~

*Annie's P.o.V.*

"Here's your order, ma'am!" a waitress cheerfully said as she gave me a mug of hot chocolate. "Enjoy your drink!"

"Thanks." I said as I took the mug.

Through my gloves, I felt the heat emanating from the warm mug. It somehow provided me relief from the bitter cold in the winter weather.

"What?" I asked when I saw Lisa eyeing at my drink. "You want to try this?"

"No thanks, I had enough coffee." Lisa said.

"Then why are you looking?" I asked. Lisa stared out the café's window.

"The tiny marshmallows floating on the chocolate look cute…" Lisa answered absent-mindedly. "Reminds me of those chocolate ice creams we always buy in the summer…"

Summer. Yes, we both miss the warm weather. But this is the way how nature works. Every year, we have to experience the winter season.

"Spring will come soon, Lisa." I said. "For now, just think about Christmas. Take your mind off the cold."

"Yeah… Christmas… Sitting in front of the fire, wrapped up in a warm blanket, sipping hot cocoa…" Lisa started as she continued to stare outside.

"Hahaha… I get it, I get it." I chuckled then took a sip of hot chocolate. "By the way, are you going back to Los Angeles?"

"No. I'll stay here in Seatlle. Ryan said he'll stay here too. I'm staying so that we could spend Christmas together." Lisa said.

"You guys are really serious about each other, aren't you?" I teased.

"Yes, I know." Lisa replied. She won't take her sight off the window.

I looked outside. The scene was somehow pretty, making me understand why Lisa kept on staring. Snow fell slowly from the night sky. Warm orange-colored street lamps are lit. Lots of colorful strings of Christmas lights hung from buildings, adorning the walls, doors, and etc. even the lamps have light strings wrapped around, adding more of the Christmas-y feel.

"Hey, Annie." Lisa called.

"Hmm?" I looked at Lisa when she called my attention.

"Look over there." she said as she pointed at something at the other side of the wide street.

"What's over there?" I asked without looking. "Oh, darn it. My drink isn't hot anymore…"

"Haha, never mind that." Lisa giggled. "Anyways, back to what I was saying. Aren't those two Steven and Elize?"

At the mention of Steven's name, my attention skipped from my drink to a certain couple outside. Sure enough, the two people Lisa pointed at were really Steven and Elize.

"They sure look good together…" Lisa commented.

"I agree…" I said in reply.

I suddenly felt tears rise up from my eyes. Not wanting Lisa to notice, I drank what's left of the chocolate, letting the mug cover my face.

~Because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind

You gave me roses, and I left them there to die~