Chapter 2

"Jayden, JAYDEN!"

I woke up, Jeremy was standing over me.

We were in the middle of a jungle. The trees were swaying in the wind. My head was throbbing. Luggage and debris was laying all around us. My clothes were torn and my right leg was bleeding. Jeremy looked at it and said, "That looks pretty bad, we'll have to fix that up once we get back to the others."

Jeremy helped me up and put my arm around him.

"Others?" I asked. "You mean more people are alive?"

"Yep, but come on. We need to get to the beach."

We began walking, well, hobbling to the beach. Every now and then I would stumble over rocks and logs.

I looked around. Monkeys were swinging through the trees. There was a baby monkey that tried to swing, but fell only to be caught by its mother.

Must be nice, I thought. Someone there to catch you when you fall. Who caught us when we were falling. Oh, that's right, NO ONE!

I shook the thought off and kept walking.

As we got closer, I could here the screams.

As we pushed through the branches, I saw a horrific sight. Passengers sliced in half, others decapitated.

I felt sick. I've never been very good with blood.

I began to hear a slight whistle. I turned toward the sound and saw gas coming out of a gasoline tank. Then I saw it. The flaming debris laying next to it.

"EVERYBODY RUN!" I screamed as loud as I could.

Kids ran faster than when Nasty Tom was chasing the class. Even Ricky, who weighed more than the plane they were on, was running.

I began running into the jungle when I heard someone yell, "HELP!"

I whipped around to see Mr. Johnson, our English teacher, trapped under the wing of the plane.

Jeremy ran out there to save him and I limped after him.

When we were about 20 yards away, there was a loud explosion that sent us flying into the deep, dark jungle.