xii. I Lost The Guide To My Mind But I Still Get By

In which reader and bakugou get a little tense during and after the internship for an unknown reason-?!

Remote Control - Giga-P

"I'll crush your honor and your pride, sir." Shigaraki grinned at the Nomu's Kurogiri brought out. He crossed his arms, excited to see how he would reenact revenge against the hero killer, Stain, that put a wound in him and how the city would go up in flames.

He paused, suddenly remembering something. Negotiating with Stain and discussing heroes in the world reminded him of another failed goal they'd attempted at the USJ.

"Kurogiri, that's right, have you managed to locate (L/n) (Y/n) yet? I dare say she'll be a more valuable asset than that hero breeder."

"No, but I'll see if the Nomu can while they rampage. You may want to utilize those binoculars of yours too, Tomura Shigaraki."

• • •

"Let us brace out minds and bodies with our tight jeans." Best Jeanist finished up his lecture after the attack of the hero killer and Nomu's from the USJ. Bakugou struggled to keep his cool after he was forced into a pair of jeans and slicked down hair.

The same applied to (Y/n), but at least she was more calm about it. And probably the only thing keeping him from blowing up the building.

"Man, I hope the fellas are okay," she said to no one in particular after the assembly.

Katsuki scoffed, not bothering to make a snarky reply. (Y/n) noticed his uncharacteristic silence and asked what was wrong.

"Everything okay, Kacchan? Aside from the, uh, you know."

"Fuck off! What do you care, anyway?!" he snapped, making (Y/n) flinch. She furrowed her eyebrows, baffled by his response. She opened her mouth to speak, but Best Jeanist beat her to it.

"Bakugou, that's no way for a pro hero to speak. Let's go, you too. We're OK patrol today."

The two students nodded. When (Y/n) glanced at Katsuki, he just looked away and followed behind Best Jeanist. Hesitantly, she did too.

"It is possible that the villains who were inspired by the Hosu incident the other day will become more active. Even though this is just patrol, don't let your guard down." The number two hero walked down the street, in front of the kids.

"Got it."

"Right."

Best Jeanist looked back for a second, then continued facing forward. "This is sudden, but here's a question," he began. "Patrols are meant to deter villains from committing crimes, but they also have a secondary effect. What is it?"

Without falter, Katsuki grinned. An evil shadow cast over his face as he answered. "If we see villains, we beat them up right away!"

"No."

"People see you doing hero work and it shows them who you are," (Y/n) answered after a brief pause. As if on cue, a group of school girls cheered on Best Jeanist, wishing him his best while squealing. Distantly, they also gossiped about the (h/c) haired boy with him, who looked quite attractive in their eyes. Katsuki glared at all of them.

"That's the answer," Best Jeanist confirmed, waving at the girls. "It gives the public peace of mind, and builds trust between those who protect and those who are being protected."

"This some kind of courtesy visit?!" Bakugou's tone was harsher than usual.

"Oh, I've seen him on TV before!" A little kid with his friends notices him. The blond thought back to the sports festival, which was usually why people pointed him out. It was getting kind of annoying.