Eight.

New chapter is here! Tell me what you think. Make sure to vote, comment and yeah. Much love 😘

---

When the Prime Minister couldn't attend his first Lady's graduation ceremony for the second time in a row, he decided to pen down a letter for her.

My Aaina,

That pout on your face when I left for my journey and the way you still tried your hardest to bid me off in the best way possible, it made the guilt inside me ten times worse.

I am so gutted that I can't be there with you, standing up and applauding as I hear them say your name, congratulate you and cheer for you. I will make upto you though, you know that.

I am on my flight to Washington and in the middle of this long journey, I could not help but think about what you must be doing right now.

I am sitting among my ministers, preparing for an economic Forum that is so very important, meanwhile you must be getting ready for your graduation ceremony.

Let me tell you, my wife, I am so very proud of how far you have come as a person. When I got married to you, I got a very whiny, desperate but kind of cute girl who had no idea about anything.

I know that phase of your life was hard and I didn't make it any easy for you. I do wonder at times, if I hadn't come into your life..unannounced..would you have fallen in love with me?

Anyway, I did come into your life and maybe it was one of the best things God could do for me. You have grown up to be a wonderful woman, an intellectual hardworking woman who has not only made a space in my heart but also in the hearts of millions of Pakistanis.

I am very proud of you, Aaina. You are so brilliant, darling. No wonder my heart belongs to you.

Congratulations.

Much love,

Zaydaan.

----

Zaydaan.

"And please enlighten me, father. How am I the reason?" Zaydaan asked his father.

As far as he knew, Minal's husband knew everything about their past, she had told him everything and he was perfectly fine with it, how could he be the reason then?

They were not in contact since the last two years or more, then how could Zaydaan be the reason for her divorce?

What would he tell Aaina? How did he become the reason for Minal's divorce. He already had alot going on, did this have to happen too?

On top of everything, he felt extremely upset about Minal. She really seemed happy with him.

Idrees Ziagil craned his neck to a side, looking at his son.

"Apparently her husband's sister is one of the women who is somewhat involved in the harassment charges against you. Minal had a fight with her, her husband chose to divorce her in the heated fight."

A man who could not control his emotions at the right time, was just not a man. A man who could let his woman go so easily, merely because of something that hardly even concerned her was just a bastard.

Zaydaan did not understand how an army man, a man so disciplined could make such an abrupt decision.

"Bastard. She's better off." He mumbled, his father didn't look like he agreed with him.