1/1

Request by camrenohteefive

Prompt: Feel The Waters by Sarah Reeves

Narrator's POV

It was around two in the night when Lauren came home.

The green-eyed girl's been working on her debut album the whole day with a couple of singer-songwriters and producers again. Or at least, that's what the explanation Y/N's gotten every time and what she is expecting now.

This has been going on for a little over a month now, if you've really counted the days. Every other day, Lauren would just suddenly disappear in the afternoon and come back home really late at night. She said that she's met a lot of dope people at this writings camp she'd signed up for some time ago and that they were willing to collaborate with her on her first studio album.

Lauren and Y/N have been dating for about four years now. They've met at such a random time; at that time, Y/N was working in this pub to help pay off her student loans while Lauren sang there for a living. They caught each other's eyes rather quickly and started dating soon afterward.

Things were pretty rough at the beginning because one of them was barely making ends meet and the other was getting buried alive with all the papers, her internship, and the part-time job. That's probably why they've almost broken up a couple of times, but somehow, they've still managed to push through that.

Now it's a whole different story though.

When Lauren quietly entered their apartment and turned on the lights, she wasn't expecting Y/N to be sitting there on the couch.

"Jeez, don't scare me like that," the singer yelped out as she put her hand over where her heart is. "I thought you would've been asleep by now."

"And I thought you were kidnapped or something," Y/N retorted.

Lauren paused with taking her boots off and stood back up to look at her girlfriend. "What's up with your tone?"

The Y/H/C-haired girl scoffed at that. "Is it really that hard to tell me where you are or how late you'd be home?"

"I was busy," Lauren said softly before making her way towards the other girl. "I promise I'll text you next time."

The singer gently pulled Y/N up from the couch and brought her into a hug. "I'm sorry, babe," she mumbled into the Y/H/C colored hair.

Y/N ignored the smell of a sweet, unfamiliar perfume that was radiating off of Lauren and tried to brush it off as nothing. It probably is nothing. Her girlfriend was working with some female artist as far as she knew, so it's not weird that she's smelling like them after being in the same studio the whole day.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have overreacted..."

Lauren slightly pulled away from their embrace and stroked Y/N's hair, slowly moving her hand to her face to caress her jaw. She looked at her with so much tenderness in her eyes that made the Y/H/C-haired girl's heart melt. The hint of doubt in those Y/E/C orbs didn't go unnoticed by her though. Still, she leaned forward to close the distance between them in a kiss.

Y/N kissed her back almost at the instant and moved her lips desperately against her girlfriend's. Somehow, the way Lauren was reciprocating it slowly made her worries fade away. Just like it always seemed to do.

-

"Even though it's nowhere near Christmas yet, @/randomfangirl from Twitter wants to know... Who are you guys kissing under the mistletoe?" the host asked Lauren and Camila.