Childish dreams

I've seen my self, not my reflection, but my soul. I've seen every scar that has created itself within.

To all the people who read this: my name is Cortney. I'm 17 years old and I'm here to tell you my story. You may think the age 17 is very young, don't get me wrong it is, but my age does not define the amount of activity that constantly races in my mind.

I didn't need much growing up, I actually wanted very little. I wanted fresh air, a place to call home, sincerity, a kind word, to love and be loved. You're probably asking yourself where my parents are. I'll tell you.

My dad abandoned me when I was 5. I remember almost if it happened yesterday. I can see it all over again. I see myself standing up against the big giant glass door as he opens his truck door. He was carrying two giant black trash bags full of his clothes, I can remember screaming "daddy, don't go. Why are you leaving" my mom opened the door and said "what, not going to take your kids or tell them you love them, You're a great father". My mom closes the front door and I run to my room, tears pouring down my cheek, so frail and scared. I grab my little Barbie suit case and pack random things, such as toys and maybe a sock or something. I run back to the door to run away with daddy because that's all I remember seeing people do, run away from there problems. But mommy wouldn't let me. I tried and tried but she said I couldn't only because she knew daddy was already gone.

Three years later we Carry on with ourselves I'm eight years old, and still so saddened by the absence of my father. I was scared because mommy was never home. She was working endlessly to keep a roof over mine and my siblings head. I seen her struggle, I could hear her crying in her bedroom at night, i tried to be strong for us but It saddened me to the point where I couldn't be strong for mommy no more. I remember my only escape from my simple, fragile mind was my room. My room didn't have much but it had enough character to satisfy my worries.