chapter 20

Evara POV

As ordered by him I didn't stepped out of my room and even my lunch and dinner was bought to my bed by my mum and she told me that Alaric requested her to take care of me and not to allow me to get out of my room.
Strange!
Right?
It is for me too !
But I like it very much !
I like this side of him.
I am liking his care, protection and even his anger these days.

I was thinking about him and my phone rang bringing me back my attention to it. It was Mia!
"Hey Mia!
What's up?" I asked in a sleepy tone as the clock was about to strike twelve.

"Evara!
You know what?" She said shouting

"What....! " I said maintaining the same sleepy tone.

"I heard that Dr. Alaric is very angry from the past two hours !" She gossiped.

"Tell me when he is not!" I said still sleeping.

"You know why he is angry?"  She asked again.

This girl is really crazy!
How can I know?

"No! I don't!" I replied trying to sleep.

"I heard that tomorrow is his birthday." She said and all my sleep went out of the win.

I looked at the clock and there was five minutes left for the clock to strike twelve.

"You mean the five minutes after tomorrow?" I asked her unbelievably.

"Yes! You are right and you know what? " She asked again. Ahh.. This girl and her 'what' suspense !

"What?"  I asked again but this time curiously.

"He hates his birthday and all the hospital staff were praying that he doesn't burst his anger on them.  I even heard that some are taking leave tomorrow so they can save themselves from his tsunami of anger though he almost stays out of the hospital that very day as they are taking leave so they don't want to take a chance . 
You know what happened last time?"
She said.
See I told you! Her and her what suspense.

"What?" I asked again.

"Last time a newly joined nurse had a crush on him and wished him happy birthday by making him come to the hospital lying that the patient has an emergency .
Then you know what happened? " She asked again highlighting the What!

"What? "  I asked again hesitantly as I'm scared what's coming next.

"He yelled her to an extent that she transferred herself to the other department after two weeks of non stop crying.
I'm going to stay away from him for tomorrow and always and I advise you to do the same.
Actually I called you to warn you to be careful tomorrow. I think it's best if you even take a off tomorrow to save yourself from that heartless devil as you say!"  She said and hang the call.

What?!
His birthday?!
I should go and wish him happy birthday.
Did you forget he warned you not to get out of this room this day? My inner soul mocked at me .
I looked at the clock and it exactly struck twelve.

Wow!  Today is his birthday and he told me not to get out of this room for yesterday and today is I'm free and I can go wherever I want to go and I've decided that I'm going to hospital and wish him on his special day!
His birthday!

I quickly took small steps out of the room and thank God my father is asleep. I know he will be asleep as he has rules that all the people in the house should sleep at sharp ten. I slowly took steps towards kitchen to bake a cake for him.
But!  I don't know how to bake. I don't even know how to turn on the knob of the stove and my dad was very strict about it and he never allowed me to cook as he thinks that I may hurt my fingers by knife or I may burn my hands . I opened the life savior that is YouTube and quickly looked how to bake different cakes. I think it's not going to be possible as all these baking of cakes needs hours and hours and if I started now I'm sure I'll end up a perfect cake only after the end of his birthday!
"Oh... You stupid Eva!
You should have listened to mom's advice about cooking and should have learned something from her secret yummy baking recipes !"  I was cursing myself but stopped when I heard a giggle and yes you are right!
It's my mum who is giggling.