Prologue

- We can not be the chosen ones. You can not be the chosen one.

She said, pronouncing every word with emphasis.

- I could be the chosen one.

He responded fast in a defensive tone.

- No.

- Is "no" all you got?

He said, with a playful eyebrow getting up.

- You're a divorcee. You were chosen once.. and that's it.

- Separated. He corrected with no playful emotions.

- She isn't coming back.

There was silence, for half a second, and then she continued.

- And me ¡i'm thirty years old! i don't drink enough water, i can't keep plants alive, i don't even own an iron. How can i be part of something this big? I'm too old... and too young.

- Harry was young when he got the lightning mark in his forehead. Actually, he was a baby.

- You mean his scar? ¡Exactly! He had a symbol in his face that singled him out to be the chosen one.

- Did you read the books?

- No.

She said it without smiling. Still worried.

He had his mockery face on but his eyes remained kind. They were never not kind, she thought. And she should know, she still remembered the first time she stared at his eyes. It was 1999.

- You and i, we can't turn our backs on this now. I guess real life heroes are depressed and anxious.

- I'm not anxious.

- I'm not depressed.

- I'm definitely not a hero.

She said, from the bottom of her heart.

But he would disagree with that, secretly, she had been saving him since the beginning of the millennium. Many many years ago

They looked at each other. Tired, beaten and clueless. Were they supposed to fight the dragon, save the princess, and overthrow a dictator? They were barely wiser than teenagers.

But, what if a couple of millennials could save something other than memes for a change? What about destiny? Maybe this was the whole purpose of they meeting as children. The purpose of liking each other once, of leaving each other once. The reason why a cosmic force was pulling them closer together again.

Maybe it wasn't about their love story at all.

Maybe this would the worst story ever written.