Gotta Go Fast

Tanji's pov⇁

"So Tanji how'd the dinner last night go?" Mark asked before taking a bite of his breakfast.

"It was nice, the kings are really cool and pretty funny." I answered simply.

"Did you happen to take a liking to any of them?" Jackson asked as one of his eyebrows raised.

"I'm not entirely sure since I don't talk to them on a regular basis. They're all very likable" I replied back with a shrug if my shoulders.

"Mhmm, well anyway you need to hurry and get ready. The next challenge is about to start and we have to head to the forest." Jackson said leaning against the back of his chair.

I nodded and quickly ate the rest of my food before heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth. It took me about 15 minutes over all to get ready since I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the next challenge in pants or shorts but if the challenge was going to be anything like what Mark and Jackson had me run I decided on some black shorts, a olive colored crop top with a black tank top, and some black combat boots.

(This is her outfit)

The thing around my neck configured the outfit I had imagined and I was ready to get to the challenge and win. I walked out of the room and down the stairs. Mark and Jackson were standing at the door and turned to look at me both of them smiling at me. I smiled back as Mark opened the door and the three of us left the room. Jackson, Mark, and I walked down a few hallways chatting about the challenge.

"So the human girl is still in this competition? That's surprising."

I stopped walking looked to see who had made that statement and I saw 2 alien females standing in front of what I assumed were their rooms. I was about to say something when I felt a hand grab my wrist and dragged me away. I looked to see who it was and it was Jackson.

"Ignore them Tanji. You aren't just some human anymore, you made it this far because you are unique." Jackson said as we caught up to Mark who was waiting for us.

Mark was standing in front of a door that I assumed would lead me to the challenge once I walked through. I took a deep breathe before opening the door. I turned to look back at the both of them and they smiled.

"Show em what you got Tanji. You got this!" Mark said giving me a thumbs up.

Jackson nodded also giving me a thumbs up for encouragement. I nodded giving them a small smile before walking through the doorway. On the other side was a forest that looked similar to the one I ran through yesterday. I looked around to see the other females side eyeing me while they were in their little groups talking. If I didn't know any better, I figured they were planning to get me out of this competition.