Elliot

Elliot constantly worried, though it wasn't his fault. He was diagnosed with many things, the list probably couldn't be written without pain in the hand, wanna know some? He had a tumor, he had ADHD, tic disorder and the list goes on.

Elliot struggled on a daily bases on focusing and deciphering different things that without a doubt affected his social life and even his "home" life. if having a rough childhood is what people could say affected his other symptoms well that's doesn't even quite put it, But sooner or later he had to start high school and that day was on it's way soon.
September 4th, 2017 was the start of his junior year and to say that he was anxious was an understatement. After spending nearly all of first period being in the nurse's office describing his disorders, listing his emergency meds and daily ones that had to be taken he was finally free to go on. Here it was, Elliot's first day of high school, alone and nervous, he walked towards his class.

While in the middle of walking he had suddenly stopped. In his mind he seemed to have a flashback to when his mother was laying stiffly on a hospital bed. He saw himself- unable to comprehend what was happening he saw himself looking at his family. They looked at him with pure disgust at his ignorance. The pain in Elliot's open wounds only increased while seeing this flashback.

Coming back to his present, Elliot walks into his class. As each class passes he is asked to introduce himself. Stuttering and shaking he struggled to even get the tiniest words out. Laughing and being made fun of..the words, the phrase that he heard the most was repeated over and over in his head. "Just another retard."
Sitting in his drawing class Elliot is reminded of all the negative words that had been thrown at him, after being told to draw his feelings out, he expresses them into different shades of greys, blues and purple. Vaguely hearing the teachers gasp behind him he continues on with his picture. He hears his family's angry words, but also his doctors recent news. He's reminded of the news he receives every second. The doctor's voice, laced with pitty where he was telling him he was dying. The fate that awaited him.

After riding home on the bus, Elliot runs into his room and cries. Thinking as hard as he could to those happy moments and days he had- but he's unable to. Lying on the floor his nurse comes and immediately goes to get his medicine-"They must have worn off" she whispers. After being forced to take his medicine, with great effort on being alone, he finally is put to a nap in his bed. Closing his eyes he sees his mother's warm smile. He stumbled out his words as he speaks- shakinly he whispers his brief question, "Momma?" Reaching for his hand his mother stroked the back of it reassuringly awaiting his next words.

Teary eyed Elliot speaks, "Momma, am I dumb? Is something wrong with me?" Smiling at him his mother speaks, "No baby, you are beautiful and unique. A star in a dark sky, that shines brighter than the others" Smiling at the words being said, he notices a flower in front of him. A beautiful purple flower. He recognizes it as the flowers his mother grew and smiles softly. "I'm beautiful too." That's what his mother always made him say when he was sad, and exactly what his mother made him say before she passed from leukemia in a hospital bed holding his hand tightly as she whispered an I love you. Now that was two weeks before school started.

After days passed in Elliot's mind he's brought back to reality as his name is spoken in a hint of aggravation. "Elliot." raising his head he meets eyes with his doctor. "Do you remember what I said last time?" Nodding his head, he tries to remember, eventually giving up as he looks at the doctor ashamed. Sighing his doctor speaks, "You're dying Elliot. Your tumor has gotten worse, you only have so long." Pointing to strange pictures, the doctors explains, " They are x-rays Elliot. Pictures of your brain. This dark blue part is your tumor."

Finally understanding Elliot asks a question to try and calm the anxious feelings inside of him. "So, does that mean I'm going away?" Hesitantly the doctor responds with a head nod. Smiling in excitement Elliot nearly jumps with joy, "They said momma went away!- does that mean I'm going to see her?! I'm going to see my momma!" Clapping his hands his already big smile only brightens more. Elliot couldn't help but to be happy and at that time, he had no worries in the world. The doctor only smiled, afraid to ruin his moment he stayed quiet. While Elliot continued to live the rest of his days in ignorance and excitement. Eventually he had happily passed away peacefully in his sleep, but the one thing that was noticed when they found him was his smile. Elliot was smiling in his deep slumber. He smiled because he has gotten a chance to be embraced by his momma once again.

On the day of Elliot's funeral, there was way more people than what was expected. For what it seemed he had been the common hated of the school, in reality he was loved by many. Some were in tears and others with soft smiles. Elliot had left a part of him in each one of them and they held it tight. They held his smile, tears, and everything about him in their hearts.

When his grave was finally buried next to his mother, the cloudy sky that hung over the funeral grew into light. The bright sun was shining as it started to shed tears. Even the sun cried over Elliot.

The sunny rain lasted the whole day, and in the night sky, in the dark and empty sky,

A new star appeared. The brightest of them all.

A star named Elliot.