Chapter One: Tell No Lies

We've been told that everyone has a soulmate, that special someone who will be there for you for the rest of your life. But what if that person is dead, this person that was made to be your everything has decayed into nothing but dirt. What happens then.

Well the only way to know would be to experience, right? So, how do I start.

"Rowanna Alaine Lewis hurry up now or you'll be late," I hear my mother shout from the kitchen. The sudden outbreak of noise startles me and I stab myself in the eye with my mascara, messing up my luxurious make-up. I wipe it off with a sigh and decide that today I'll go all-natural. As I head down the stairs in my swayed boots, my mother almost spits her coffee out because of something Darren said. "Ro please explain to our dear mother that going to Haley Dunway's party is not an excuse to drink and hook up with her." I took my seat at the table and rolled my eyes. "You know I would but, our dear mother always told us not to lie." The sarcastic tone in my voice sent my brother's eyes rolling.

After I finished my blueberry muffin, I headed to school. My car may not have been the prettiest but it still worked. It was a cold October with the temperature resting at around 48 degree. When I looked around, I didn't see all the smiling faces I had seen the day before. Some were still the same but others, there was a somber look on their faces. When I walked into the school the meloncoloyness grew. A crowd of people stood in front of a locker that was set right beside our schools trophy case. There was a picture on it and a sign that read Asher Holland You Will Be Missed this agonizing hurt washed over me. I had no idea what it was from, I had never met this guy in my life.

Suddenly there were tears running down my face. Why was I crying? I didn't even this guy or why my heart felt like it had just been ripped out and shredded into millions and millions of pieces. I went into a state of not even knowing where I was. I slide down the nearest lockers until I am sitting on the floor sobbing with my forehead rested on my knees.

Out of nowhere there was a smooth, slightly southern, voice that spoke. It said "You'll be okay. I'll teach you how to live without me."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It may sound a little basic but I'm trying my best. I'll update whenever I can.