𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅 | "𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚎."

⌖

TOMMY, EVELYN, ALEX, AND Gibson sat for a little while longer on the beach. They sat in a comfortable silence, that was very much needed.

-"Evelyn, I-I...." Tommy paused, not really knowing how to put his feelings at moment into words.

-"Yes," Evelyn tilts her head upward. She focuses on his face to surprising find him completely calm. His face was always so calm but his eyes captured so much emotion. One glance at those brown orbs and Evelyn knew that he was most likely having a mental debate with himself.

-"I-I I actually don't know how to say this!" He lets a groan. He clears his mind and sticks to his original plan of what to say.

"I'm very glad that you're here and alive." Tommy finally confesses. He clears his throat and mentally face palms himself for sounding so awkward.

-"I'm happy you're alive as well!" She looks up at him with a great full but small smile.

Tommy watched as the girl looked back at the water. He was amazed at how perfectly she had spoken her sentence to him. She was so calm, and genuinely happy that it made him smile to himself uncontrollably. He didn't realize it until now how much he missed her presence until he found her not too long ago.

( • • • )

-"Hey! Highlanders!" Alex shouts to some soldiers who walk in a group pass the one sitting on the sandy shore.

Tommy, Evelyn, and Gibson watch as Alex jumps to his feet and follows the said "Highlanders".

-"Highlanders?" Evelyn questions aloud.

-"Probably the group he was with." Tommy concludes. He rises to his feet and offers his hand to the young lady next to him.

She accepts it and the two with Gibson follow Alex and the Highlanders, but not closely behind.

-"What's that way?" Alex asks a fellow who seemed like he was in charge.

The fellow points ahead. Alex follows his gaze to a blue boat that's stuck in the sand. Tommy and Evelyn exchange a confused expression.

"She's grounded," Alex says frankly.

-"Not when the tide comes in she isn't." The Highlander explains.

Tommy, Evelyn, and Gibson look at Alex with questioning eyes. Alex nods in approval and the three make their way over to the group who's headed to the grounded boat.