003

★☆

★☆

Jungkook felt beads of sweat forming on his brow as he stood outside of the shady building in front of him. Based on what the creatures from before had told him, this was where he would find the Lampra—Lapris—who had information. Jungkook was beginning to get cold feet the more he stood there, but then he remembered why he was doing all of this. He needed to find his friend. So with one last hard swallow he stepped into the building without any more hesitation.

On the inside the place looked like a rundown bar, creatures all gathered around yelling drunkenly and dancing to the juke box that played a bunch of music from across the galaxy. The fact that it still had a working juke box was amazing in itself to Jungkook, but he decided to ignore it and focus on the task at hand. He found himself the waitress, an Athon, and he greeted her warmly.

"I was looking for a Lampra by the name Lapris. You seen it?" She stared at him for a while before setting down the drinks she had and issuing him to follow. She took him upstairs and down a long corridor, until she stopped in front of a closed door.

"It's in here, but I'm not sure why you think you'll get any answers from it. You're human after all."

Jungkook shrugged. "Doesn't hurt to try." She left then and Jungkook knocked on the door, swinging it open carefully as he walked inside. Towards the back of the room sat the Lampra, red eyes glowing against the darkened space, giant stone body sitting still as if it wasn't a living creature. It definitely was, and Jungkook needed to figure out how to make it talk. His first few attempts were to introduce himself to it—telling it his name and where he came from—but the Lampra named Lapris sat there coldly, hardly even blinking its eyes. Jungkook's next attempt was to mention he was looking for someone and that he heard that it had the information on everyone who came in and out. That was a bust, too. His only option was to bribe it.

"If you tell me what I'm looking for I can offer you protection. I heard the Khron were becoming active. If you help me out, Starforce will give your entire planet protection. Doesn't that sound like a fair trade?" Jungkook sat there and waited for Lapris to say something but he sat there silently. A sigh slipped passed the space adventurer's lips as he began to turn away, giving up.

"We do not need protection," Lapris spoke, its voice a low growl. Jungkook spun back around to look at it. "We do not need something so silly from a power source deemed un-Lampra. You puny humans cannot do anything to protect the Lampra."

"Uh, okay." Jungkook decided not to take it to heart; the Lampra were always this stuck up. "Can you just help me find my friend? He's been missing for weeks and I'm afraid something might have happened to him."

"If he is not Lampra, he is not worthy."

"His name is Park Jimin. He's an Athon with the Starforce brigade. He is my friend and I need him home."