Intoduction Part #2

Avaline Lynn Mandellovelle , is 17 years old and in looks is the typical beauty with long blond hair and blue eyes. With a slender figure, and standing at the average 5'5" you would think she had it all made for her, right?
Avaline goes to Emerson Dale High School. Her life at school is like any other teen's and she's an honor student. She has lots of friends and she has a best friend who is Peyton Jessica Yidertin. They have been best friends since Elementary and are inseparable. Her life seems almost normal until you go further into her life.
When Ava was old enough to know what was going on she realized that her dad wasn't the nicest dad in the neighborhood. By the time Ava was 13 she was able to sneak away from the house without being caught. She would always go for a walk or jog and listen to her music to relax and forget about her life. It was the only way she could just relax and breathe and just let everything fall off her shoulders, all the bad in her life and sometimes even life itself.
Growing up Ava's mom wasn't strict, so sometimes she would let Ava leave the house. That was until Ava hit her pre-teens her mom worried about her and wouldn't let her leave the house unaccompanied.
Ava couldn't stand her home and a few times, her dad would unfortunately find out when she would sneak out and when she got home it wasn't exactly a pretty thing, so Ava had a tendency to sneak in her window which was two stories up.
Ava's mom goes by the name Catherine Jasmine Mandellovelle. She works night shifts at the local hospital in the neonatal unit. Taking the night shift was all to get a little extra money so that they had enough money to live off of. Despite her numerous hours working she does get a weekend off every so often, when she does, she will sleep and spend time with Ava. She loves her daughter very much and thinks of Ava as her world. They are very close, and she sees that her daughter does not like it there and she knows of what her dad does, but she doesn't know how to escape it.
Ava's dad is none other than Dustin Drew Mandellovelle, who is in his mid-forties and is an alcoholic. He always has some sort of cheap alcohol in his hand the kind that cause angered impulses and killed headaches. Ava and her father use to be close in fact when she was just a little girl, she once looked up to him, he was her role model. Now she can't stand to be around him. Dustin used to have a job, a really good one. He worked for the best real estate company in all of North Carolina. He was the next in line to be the co-executive of Dwain Richfield law firm, but since the incident that cost him his job, things went south very quickly. The only time he went out is if he needed more alcohol. Sometimes Ava's mom would have to go and get it, it didn't matter what time it was or how long she had been working it was almost as if he forgot the real world consisted of working families. Without Dustin would be way more angry and violent if he didn't get what he wanted, and when he wanted it! Ava knew no matter what her dad put in her head or how many times he beat her, she wasn't at fault for her dad's actions, though some part of her always thought it was her fault. Catherine used to tell Ava stories of times when Dustin wasn't always like this, of times when she was a teenager and Dustin swept her off her feet, and she fell head over heels for him, this of which took place only a few years before Ava was born.
Catherine would say things like "he is a good man honey, you just have to see past the bad things he does", "your dad never did any harm until a few days after you were born, he is just trying to adjust, that is all.'' Ava always thought her mom said those things of a reassurance for herself more than her. She knew in a sense it was her birth that took the biggest toll on him. It was like he wasn't yet ready for a child, but he knew he had to take care of her, so he started drinking little bits at a time. It eventually got to be more and more, and he was addicted to it. On the day he got fired all hell broke loose. Ava could only pray things would be okay, but sometimes praying felt like a lost cause, but she also knew she could survive this, many people do, so for the sake of her mom she was learning, she didn't see that she knew a lot more than she gave herself credit for. I wonder if someone could make her see that.