In The Morning.

Chapter 42: In the Morning

Nyla

"You gotta feed my grandson darling." Mama Nev instructed me handing me a full stack of pancakes.

I wasn't in the mood for anything but I knew I had to keep our son healthy and pancakes were the only thing I could keep down right about now.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded taking tiny bites off of the fork.

I downed to pancakes before I decided to make my way into the black wall stained room full with nominations and trophies with his name attached.

We hadn't spoke since he kicked me out of the house that we were planning on building our beautiful family in. I've left him over 100 voice mails and text messages.

'Baby please pick up. Let's just talk about this. I'm sorry. All I wanna do is be with you and have our son.'

The pain replayed in my head daily as I left that same message on his phone. I was weak.

I didn't know if he was okay or if he was dead. I needed someone to tell me the information that has been bothering me for weeks.

I picked up the phone scrolling for the person that I knew who would know the exact answer to them all.

August

'All that money the money is the motive'

'All that money the money she be foldin'

'Girl put in work'

'Girl, girl put in work 'Girl put in work'

"You know Ren gon killa niggah if she find out I'm at a strip club?" I chuckled pulling from the blunt I rolled.

'Man niggah fuck dat! She'll be alright!" He kissed his teeth slurring his words a bit.

"Whatever. If y'all made up why not make up wit the love of yah life niggah?"

"She ha liar! She ain't special ... she was probably fucking dem dudes she was shaking that ass for!" He chuckled out of pure disappointment.

"Man Ny wouldn't do no shit like that" I stared at him as he waved his favorite stripper, Bubbles, over.

"Fuck her ... I got a new bitch!" "Ain't that right baby?" He asked droppin bands of 100s.

"Niggah these bitches want yah money. Yah girl at home pregnant and-"

I glared at my phone's screen moving swiftly moving out of the club.

"Hey ... uh ... Aug." She sounded weak. Ny got on my nerves sometimes but she was the homie.

"Wass good baby girl?" I asked pulling from the blunt again.

"Look I just wanna know if he's okay."

I noticed a drunk Trey walking out if the club.

"Hold on..."

"Who dah ... dah fuck is this?" His voice slurred.

I stepped away allowing them some private time. 'hope this shit works'

Nyla

The familiar vanilla extract smell filled my nose as I buried my face in the California king bed I once slept in.

I laid there waiting on him to arrive so we could talk about our situation. I really wasn't surprised to find out that he had been drinking his feelings away because if I didn't have TJ I would have done the same.