when the world didn't end

N/A: A lot of characters may be a little OC and I'm sorry for that. They're only OC into fit the plot; hopefully it's bearable. Note that this is over 20K words so there's bound to be mistakes I missed and some of you may not be able to finish it. That's fine <3 Please enjoy

edit (September 21, 2019): this thought just occurred to me, but this story was published the day I met my boyfriend who, just like how Krisihima and Katsuki saw each other, is rather unreachable to me at the moment. he lives in South Africa and I'm stuck in America (': but for whatever reason, this story means a hell of a lot more to me now because it's about crossing boundaries and plains and space to be with the one you love.

Over thousands of years, it's been said that the night and day would never collide. They were told stories from a young age that they should never meet, they were told unearthly things that caused fear in the night about the day, and day to fear the night in return. It was truly the one thing that they shared, aside from equal responsibility in watching over the sky, ensuring their isolation.

The more the night and day grew in their isolated knowledge, the less their emotions drove them. But once they would try seeing what it looked like on the other side of the void that kept them separate, their powers would be shaken; facts twisting in this reality that formed the physical world. Darkness would despise everything the Day was, and light fearing everything that Night had to offer. That was the curse would befall upon two opposites that kept each other balanced.

The void assured that balance.

But within these separate worlds, their guardians tried to keep them, knowledge could come crashing down when one might realize that the other existed, and try to make a change unfold.

﴿ ﴾

There are many things that make up the world around us: elements are what they're called, and it's crazy how often people overlook them. They're more important than what most would think and what most people don't know is that each and every element lives in day or night, and are favoured by either of the rulers. The elements have feelings, eat, breathe, and require sleep and a purpose and attention just like humans. Really, one mustn't overlook something because they believe it is not alive- when in reality, it's thriving more than ever.

Air: a key element to survival. It controls the winds above and the gentle breeze that cools you down on warm summer days. It is the wind in the winter that makes you feel almost as if you might dry out to become a block of ice and what moves the winds to pass storms pass by in their travels. Ochaco is a free spirit, and handles this element well, as she concocts, often times, mischievous events through her wind manipulation whenever she's presented an opportunity but keeps a sense of balance.

Earth: the ground you walk on every day. The ground you live on. Just a magnificent rock floating in space but in reality, everyone depends on it and calls it their home. Izuku is someone whom many can depend on. He's very basic and doesn't mind other people's business, but still tries living for himself and be strong for those he can protect.