Chapter 1

The sun peeked through the gaps of my blinds as I squinted in order to read my book. I have started reading morning, but I was already half way through it.

I looked around the tiny room of the orphanage that has been given to me when I first came her nearly fifteen years ago. My tiny room was only big enough for a twin size bed, a small nightstand, a drawer and the tiny desk that I got from Ms. Kin, the lady that owns the orphanage.

"Elle, there are people here for you" Ms. Kin, the orphanage owner, rumbled downstairs.

Life at the orphanage was boring with the same old routine. Every morning was a start of another slow, boring day. Ms. Kin was like our mother, but completely different than that of a mother. She was in her mid-fifties and had her good days but bad days outnumbered the good ones.

"Yes, Ms. Kin, I'll be right down" I closed my book, sighing before heading downstairs to see what all the trouble was about.

I was the elder one at the orphanage so I had to take half of the responsibility of taking care of the three little ones that are also living here. I didn't know who my biological parents were, but I knew that they left me here when I was only three. I told myself that one day, I'd find them to ask them why they left me here without looking back.

But I was utterly stuck here because I have no money.

"Michelle, there are scary people out there looking for you" Cindy panicked as she ran towards me as soon as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Calm down, Cindy" I smiled at her. "I'll go and she what those scary men want, okay?"

"You have to be careful" Cindy looks scared put of her mind. Cindy is the youngest one her, but she was honestly more mature than most.

"I know. I'll be careful, I promise" I gave her a smile before walking out to the living room to see what men she was talking about.

"Good morning, Ms. Michelle" An older man in a black coat got up from the old brown couch, the one we have had in our living room since forever, and smiled at my sight. He looked like he belonged to some sort of big agency. He even had an earpiece.

Why would these people look for me??

"Good morning..." I much have looked so dumbstruck, standing there staring at him and the two men in black. "Who are you all??"

"My name is kandel arson, very nice to meet you." He had the warmest and friendliest smile I have ever seen in my life. Even though he was stranger, something about him put me at easy. Especially since the two younger guys behind him showed no emotion on their faces.

"Hi, Mr. Arson.... How may I help you...??" I was getting scared now as my voice cracked.

"We're from IRS Company, we came here as an order form Mr. King to retrieve their long lost daughter also known as young Ms. King" He smiled at me again, his eyes look at me sadly and longingly, like I was a family member he hadn't seen in a long time.

"I don't know who you guys are looking for but I can ask Ms. Kin to come out and talk to you guys?" I was about to to turn around to walk back to the kitchen but Mr. Arson called my name.

"Ms. Michelle, we're here for you" Mr. Arson looked at me with serious face, as the smile disappeared. "We believe you are the lost daughter of Mr. King."

My eyes were wide opened, at Mr. Arson, who sounded delusional saying that I was the heiress to the IRS company. It was only the biggest company in the whole world. Why did I have to be related to the wealthiest family in the world??

"I think you guys got the wrong person...." I couldn't help but laugh at the sound of how impossible the news sounded.

"I'm Michelle, just Michelle, Mr. Arson. I'm not a king... And I live here... At the orphanage..."