Three Day Misery

Going home after an exhausting day is indeed a pleasure. Can you imagine walking from house to house just so you can get rejected! My aunt's house, where I live for since my dad killed my poor mom is 2 buses away from here, 1 hour of travel , and a whole day of stress.

My Aunt's house is not that big, it's a bungalow with a beautiful porch, a garden on her front lawn with dying dandelions because of my busy hours, taking care of those dandelions was the last thing in my mind, 2 windows on the facade and a beautiful door made of mahogany. We are on the edge of a shantytown, but the living place isn't really that bad.

When I came there my aunt was still in her worst state, sitting calmly on our porch,being taken care by our next door neighbor Mrs. Elsa. A fat humble lady aged 57. Her son and daughter loves her so dearly but had to leave her for a job abroad, so she chose to be with us out of boredom in her lonely house. Death met her husband due to cancer. The sad man died at the age of 56, 3 years ago.

And as for my aunt Myrna she is now suffering from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis for 3 years now. I do wish that this is a Stephen Hawking case but it's not. Her disease is feeding her immobility and I am suffering from it too after her insurance company stopped supporting us for whatever reason they had. It was unfair and my aunt is only 49, the poor lady never accepted a suitor for she believed that she is for greater things, and she is right. She became the secretary of a small company and it gave her a high salary, that's why taking care of me when I was young wasn't really that hard for her, until this god freaking disease got her!

I kissed my aunt in the forehead while she suffers to move and look at me. I hugged her while I feel this melancholy piercing through me. Mrs. Elsa left us "okay dear you take care of your auntie now, I'm going home, my house needs some cleaning" I answered her  " thank you Mrs. Elsa".

I placed my aunt in her wheelchair. "The sun is sinking we need to go inside now auntie". It feels devastating just looking at her. Her head is slightly bent down to the right and her short hair is frizzy. Her movement is twitchy, weak and just plain static. Her eyes are wide open and she cant swallow comfortably or speak, so feeding is a challenge for me. The pain of seeing her just makes me cry sometimes, but I hate crying. I'm trying to not let my emotions get the better of me.

She chose to sleep on her wheelchair and I slept on the sofa just so I can be alert in case of emergency.

March 12,2019,9:48 a.m the alarm clock rang AGAIN FOR THE FIFTH TIME, "ugh I need to wake up every fucking morning". I rolled and grunted and complaint about my godly devastating life. " After that dreadful waking up routine I quickly checked up on my aunt, she's on my right side but again no movement from her. I woke her up but STILL NO RESPONSE. I am intensely panicking now because most of the time she wakes up earlier than I do.

I called the ambulance while my hands shake and wets wildly on the phone. "uhm sir or ma'am what seems to be the problem?", " i..i.i NEED your Help PlEASE!", " okay ma'am I need you to calm down and tell me your location and what's happening", " MY AUNT! SHE HAS UHM.. SHE HAS ASL and..AND.. NO MOVEMENT FROM HER", " okay ma'am please tell me your location now and your name please? We'll quickly respond as fast as we can", " I LIVE in 137, Realdam street, NEAR SOUTH BORD PLEASE RESPOND AS FAST AS YOU CAN! ", " okay ma'am I'm gonna leave you now".

I'm feeling weak while I check my aunt's pulse from her neck to her wrist AND THERE IS NO PULSE. I fear taking action because her muscles are weak and I might damage it.

I heard the ambulance's sirens and I quickly put my aunt outside our porch to be taken care of by the nurses.
I entered the ambulance with fear of death for my aunt, the nurse asked me to be calm " MY AUNT IS THERE I'M NOT GONNA BE CALM SHE MIGHT DIE ,SHE MIGHT LOSE ME ,SHE MIGHT ...she mightt.." then my energy drained and I sat there inside the ambulance while the nurses did their job.