Chapter one

Highschool. It was something different alright. School had just started and Canterella already had a boyfriend from the previous year. The only problem is he did not approve of her dancing, for her this would usually be a deal breaker. She was the outcast, the sore thumb of highschool, the so called freak, but she liked it this way. She was starred at everyday in confusion and she just smirked. It was when her boyfriend, Gage, looks at her in disapproval, is when it hurts her in side. She walked into school, it was the first Friday of the school year and Canterella couldn't wait for her first dance practice for the season this weekend.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Gage asked in embarrassment.

"Um clothes" Canterella looked down. She was wearing platform boots, Tripp* pants, a toren band tee, and a choker necklace.

"Don't get smart with me. Look I love you but, why can't you ever dress normal?" He was now outraged

"Love? Really? If you loved me you would except me for who I was, what you think I should be." Canterella was now yelling just loud enough for a couple of groups to hear.

"Alright, enough! I can't take it anymore! I can't keep dating a freak show anymore!" He yelled in hopes that it would scare he and she would begin to dress and act normal.

"I couldn't agree more, obviously we aren't right for each other. See you later, I guess." She begins to walk away but is stopped when Gage grabs her wrist.

"No, I was just trying to scare you, don't go. Please." Gage begged

"Wow, I hope I don't see him later" she thought and snatched her wrist from his grip, walking to first hour science.

End of chapter one.

*Tripp-is a brand of clothing (has an overall gothic-type look to it)