Chapter two

Canterella P.O.V

"There was a new kid in science today, he told me that he liked my outfit." I told one of my best friends, Mae.

"Oh Ella, I know this break up with Gage is hard but-" I cut her off.

"What? I broke up with him and I couldn't be happier." I said with slight irritation in my voice.

"Well that's great then." Mae paused "I call dibs on the guy who likes badass chicks." She giggled

"His name is Nate and today is his first day, you can't call dibs until he has been here for at least a week." That was our rule we've had since 7th grade.

"Wait how did you know Gage and I broke up?" I asked

"Everyone is taking about it." She smiled at me.

"Really it's only second hour and I broke up with him this morning?" This is weird.

"Good news travels fast I suppose. Just wait until lunch Ella your not gonna be able to walk more than ten feet at a time." Mae was so confidant in herself and I didn't even know what she was talking about.

"Why do you say that?"

"Not only does ever girl what to know the latest gossip but every guy sees you as hard to get which makes them want to get you more, Ella that's just the laws of highschool." That is what she was talking about? I mean I knew I got a lot of attention but, I didn't think people even knew my name? The class was half over already so I figured I should do something productive today so I left the conversation at that for now.

~~~Later at lunch~~~

Man was Mae right. I was never asked this many questions in my life, well at least the same few.

"What happened?" "Are you okay?" "Who are you going with to homecoming now?" "So your single?"

This went on and on all lunch period and after a while I just stopped replying. That is until I was calmly sitting with Mae and a few other friends when some preppy teenage Junior sat at our table and said "So I'm sure your probably sick of these questions but," she was right and I had a feeling I knew where this was going so I was just ignoring her, until I heard the rest of her question "so are you like be suicidal now or something?" I wasn't mad, or even furious, I was out raged.

I stood up and screamed at the girl.

"You think I would kill myself because of some stupid guy?!"