PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

THE SOUND of the plane taking off is what she's hearing, right now. Finally, she was able to return to her hometown. The place where her mother gave birth to her, the place she missed so much, the Philippines. Though the country gave her heartache before migrating to another country, she still have the strength and courage to be back.

When the plane landed, the flight attendant announced something before they were allowed to go out and embrace the air of Philippines. Now that she's at the airport, she called their family driver -for-about-her-whole-lifetime- serving them wholeheartedly. A few minutes later, she heard someone calling her name and shouted it out loud. The voice was familiar to her so she decided to look back at the woman she misses so much. She had not seen her friend for 2 years and she left the Philippines for 7 years.

"KAIRYEEN AMADEIA DELA FEYA!" a woman screamed after seeing her. Well, it's kinda not questionable anymore.

KAIRYEEN AMADEIA DELA FEYA, a young successful doctor, well, thanks to the help in power of connections and of course the power of her brain. That's why she graduated at a young age. 25 years old and is still single.

Almost everyone knows her. She just shook her head while laughing because she was going to preach it. By reason of almost stampede that happened when she was called by her name over and over again. Kairyeen approached the woman who called her and talked to her.

"Gosh, Savannah! Couldn't you shut up? Why don't you just call my name without shouting? It's safer to whisper that than to shout it like what you did a while ago in this huge airport where everyone can recognize me?!" Kairyeen asked Savannah.

SAVANNAH VENNISCE GREAYNER a well-payed and the owner of GREAYNER INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. She's the principal and at the same time she wanted to teach students, She's a multi-job lady. An independent one. Savannah is now a 27 years old woman. But acts according to the situation she's in.

"Sorry naaaaa! I just felt carried away. It's not my problem anymore if later people will beat you up here because they've seen a beautiful face here. So c'mmon let's go home." Kairyeen eventually nods her head while rolling her eyes at Savannah. Kai knew that Savannah was teasing her.

"You almost caused a damn stampede here, Savannah."

"I said I'll be quiet. But they must have beaten you up. I'm the videographer, Kai." Savannah and her words.

"SAVANNAHHH! I don't want to be stressed, Sav. I'm literally tired for the whole day. Will you sit in my airplane seat for 24 hours?" Kairyeen yawned and almost shouted.

"I really don't want to. HAHAHAH. To be honest, I wouldn't dare go to Canada just because of Tita Athena's invitation. You know I'm scared of heights." Savannah said while Kairyeen's walking with her to the parking lot.

"Of course, I remembered. HAHAHAHA. That's why you're scared of me too." Kairyeen laughed at Savannah.

"What's wrong with you? You're talking nonsense Kairyeen Amadeia Dela Feya."

"No, I'm not. What are you asking? Well, you're afraid of heights aren't you? Then you're also afraid of me because ---." Kairyeen said but Sav immediately cut her words off.

"Because of what?"

"Because you're small and I'm tall, so that's what I'm talking about. That's what I mean, literally. HAHAHHAHAHA."

"You're really corny every time, Kai." Savannah stated then chuckled.

"Wait, what ?! No, I'm not!" Kai probably protested on what Sav stated.