Chapter 3

OH MY GOD. I'M SO SORRY.
I'VE FOUND THIS STORY AFTER SO LONG, AND WITH ALL THE UNDESERVED PRAISE AND BEGGING I WILL POST THIS CHAPTER THAT HAS SAT IN MY DRAFTS FOR LEGIT SO SO LONG.

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
-

Chapter 3: Trust

Hinata.

Kageyama leapt up from his ever growing nest of pitiful pillow piles and blankets, as his mind and body roared to life with only one person in mind. He bolted down the pathway, hardly missing terrified strangers as he kept his one goal in mind.

Hinata.

He had no time for the stupid questions that hacked at him. Why had he texted? Why wasn't he home yet? How was his date with Kenma? Kageyama frowned at himself that he hadn't thought of Hinata's safety first. He prayed that he was okay.

As he jogged across the main road when the traffic slowed, he saw the local train station up ahead. He was almost there. Cutting of a truck he sped off the road and onto the sidewalk. Kageyama took in the small business surrounding, he was sure there was a convenience store near this train station.

His phone vibrated. He had five missed calls and two voicemails. Kageyama growled in frustration shoving it back into his pocket. Wait there it is. The neon lights of a 24 hour convenience store could be seen shining brightly ahead, accompanied only by a lone business man it's seemingly deserted look set him on edge.

He hurried through the automatic doors throwing a half-assed greeting to the teen at the counter so he could focus on scanning the aisles for Hinata. Catching his breath he checked the chips aisle, the magazine stacks and the chocolate aisle but finally breathed a sigh of relief seeing the boy crouched in the frozen aisle.

"Oh thank god you're okay!" Kageyama breathed feeling the tension in his body subside to a dull ache. He reached out to the cradled figure but the mop of hair rose and launched at him as tiny arms wrapped around his waist and gripping at his shirt. The sudden weight threw him backwards and the human heat set his cheeks on fire. Silence fell and the two sat like that thoughts running wild.

Hinata was in his lap.
Hinata was crying into his shoulder.
Hinata was nuzzling his neck. Oh. My. God.

Just sitting like this he could feel Hinata's chest shudder and shake, smell Hinata's off brand shampoo, see the light blush of Hinata's cheekbones, hear Hinata's breathing even slowly and he could almost taste their intimacy. It was intoxicating.

"Kageyama?" The spiker called, "I'm so scared."

Kageyama snapped out of it. Yes, he had to calm down. He helped Hinata off his lap and smiled softly, "I know so I'm here to help."

"Thank you," Hinata's dimples pricked up as he grinned. He stood up to peek over the shelves only to turn back around with a frown "He's still here."

"Who?" Kageyama hadn't thought the older student dozing off at the counter was much of a problem. But Hinata pointed a finger out of the glass store front.

"There's a man out the front who followed me from Tokyo station," Hinata didn't seem to believe it himself as he tread his fingers through his curling orange locks "I don't think he wanted me to get home safe or at all."
Kageyama wanted to throw up

-
YOU KNOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS CHAPTER CAME FROM. IT WAS ONE OF THE HALF WRITTEN CHAPTERS THAT SEEMED TO ADD NOTHING TO THE PLOT.
SOOOOO TAKE IT!!