Voltron - Shiro x reader Memories Of You

You don’t want me, no You don’t need me
Like I want you, oh Like I need you...
----
Training with the paladins had become increasingly difficult. It seemed like Allura was demanding more and more of you everyday. True you knew just what was at stake being apart of Team voltron, but sometimes you couldn't help but want a day off. 

If anyone on this team was stressed it was you. 

You were the newbie on team voltron, you were apart of a rescue mission from a Galra ship. Your original crew had been kidnapped during a routine mission to the Galilean Moons. All the sudden your signals were getting jammed, the next thing you know your being forced to fight to the death for entertainment....

It was true you had alot on your mind, but now that you were free from the Gala surely that ment you should be celebrating right? Not really...you swore you would do everything that you could to repay team voltron, and now that you are apart of their team your mind couldn't be racing faster. 

As for your heart....

"(Y/N)! Look out!" 

You were lost in thought again, as you fought with the gladiator. You barley mannaged to move fast enough to avoid the attack. You could even see a small strand of hair get cut off by the sharp blade welded by the robot. 

You quickly jump out the way from his second attack, and went to strike it with your sword. The Robot dodged and blocked your attack. You were sent flying back, still on your feet. 

"You can do it (Y/N)!" Corran called from the side lines. 

You smirked slightly to acknowledge his encouragement, while never taking your eyes off the gladiator. You took a deep breath, took your stance, readied your sword. 

The gladiator charged. 

With one gigantic leap into the air, you let out a ferocious battle cry. Your sword was raised above your head. You felt your feet collide with the Robots shoulders. With a large thrust your sword entered the Gladiator's face. 

You struggled to catch your breath, as the grip on your sword tightened. You were still thinking about your time with the Galra...

You could hear cheering from the side-lines. Turning to your right, you could see Allura and Corran with the younger Paladins standing by the door.  

"Good job (Y/N)!" Corran exclaimed. 

"Dude you totally killed it out there! Your awesome!" Lance exclaimed. 

"Yes, good job (Y/N)." Allura said. "Hopefully (Y/N)'s hard work will set an example for you all" 

You blushed slightly at their praise, "thanks guys...the training helps to release stress...although it's killer on the muscles..." you said stretching your arm. 

"Then why don't you take the rest of the day off?" Allura asked. 

"Thanks Allura, I'll be in the break room if you need me." You said brushing them off with a smile. 

----
And i, want you in my life....
----
The moment you left the training room your smile fell. 

The only reason you were so good, was because of your time with the Galra...even now...you were so use to sleeping on the cold hard ground, you couldn't bring yourself to sleep in a bed.