ii

We stole gazes in the shelter of our own little nights wondering when and how the stars  would compose such little specks of glittered hope into the void that is known as the gaping distance between our hearts.  It was never easy, in fact the only easy thing that had occurred was slipping into your beautiful gravity. So it seems the attraction was inevitable to fall into  because the definition of perfection lie crystal clear into your vast eyes. But it was never truly easy to hold up our emotions and lay them to rest especially when the land between us only grew as our relationship did too. Unspoken words have been shed into the night, at least on my side, and the lyrics from an unwitnessed song come to the bearing of life because there are many verses out there that attempt to justify love, yet never overcome the delicate and complex meanings within it. Even as I write this my mouth is closed tight with invisible stitches, my fingers trying to make out the sounds in my head, but I know my soul flutters more letters that don't even exist because this feeling is nothing comparable to any word I shall speak aloud, it's far more than a stretching ocean and I can't even comprehend what that means. All I know is that you're here, and so am I. This moment I will cherish for a lifetime. Even if wars spur up between our isolated bodies, I promise to battle and win a warrior if it means staying by your side. Because even as the sky turns a darkened black , when the breath from my lips grow colder from the air, I know there's a subtle heat rising afar from where I stay and that warmth can only be my true home known as your light.