0.9

"You- wait really?" I stutter in shock.

Changbin looks away from me. "Yeah. I- yeah."

"Okay," I say slowly. "so I kind of lied earlier."

Changbin's gaze quickly turns back onto me. "I'm sorry?"

"I actually..." I begin to say, but something stops me. What if I don't actually like Changbin? What if I'm just exaggerating? What if I was right and I'm really not gay?

I take a deep breath and, ignoring everything that I probably shouldn't, I say it.

"I like you too, Changbin."

The truth is, I'm straight. He's just my exception.

Immediately, Changbin's eyes widen in surprise. "Hold on-" he says, putting his pastry down. "Are you serious?"

I nod in response.

Changbin's hand goes up to his bright red face and he covers his mouth in shock. I barely catch his mumbled "Holy shit."

My phone buzzes from my pocket, startling me. I stop staring at the boy in front of me to check and see what it is. Seungmin's name lights up the screen, along with a text saying to hurry up and that they're waiting outside. I tell Changbin and we stiffly stand up and walk out of the shop.

For the remainder of the day, while walking around to each store I stick close with the older. His presence is comforting, in a way. Whenever one of us shares a simple comment with the other, it manages to turn into a full on conversation. In those moments I tend to forget about everything else around us.

That's when I realized that just like that, all questions about who I like had disappeared. I want to be by hisㅡ and only hisㅡ side forever.

"It's about time we head back, guys." Chan suggests. Everyone agrees and we start back towards Minho's car.

"Are you doing okay, Felix?" Seungmin asks me.

"I'm good." I reply, smiling happily.

Seungmin returns my smile, "okay. Just making sure."

The five of us finally find our vehicle in the crowded parking lot. We get in and buckle up. I sit in the back next to Chan with Changbin on the other side of him.

On the way back, we all talk about the most random of things. Some of which pertain to our trip, most of which would have us sent to a mental institute if overheard out of context. In the midst of this chatter, though, I catch the shortest of us stealing glances of me. Not that I can judge without being hypocritical.

"Okay, Minnie Mouse," Minho says. "Your place is closest to here so you get to get out first. Consider it a blessing."

"This is the worst taxi I have ever taken. I'm only rating one star." Seungmin jokes. "Bye, guys."

A chorus of goodbyes are said to the youngest before going to drop off Changbin, then Chan, and lastly me. My house is closest to Minho's, so I'm last to be brought home.

"So, Felix," Minho says. "How were your pastries?"

"Oh, it was actually quite yummy. You really should have-"

"Slow down. That's not what I'm curious about right now." he says.

"Uh, what else could have happened that you'd be curious about?" I say in an uneven tone.

"I want to know more about the sweets that you brought with you into the shop."

"Wha-"

"Changbin. I'm talking about Changbin."

"Oh." I say as realization hits me like a brick that this is going to be a long ass ride.